DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ItElite NanoSync Antenna Coming Soon!

JakeMaxxUAV

Reactions
Hey everyone! The ItElite NanoSync antenna for the DJI Mavic is coming soon! We've added a placeholder to our website where you can sign up to be notified via e-mail as soon as pre-orders start. The current ETA is about 2 - 3 weeks. Maxx UAV will be one of the few exclusive dealers for this antenna.

This will be smaller than our DBS02 antenna, but still pack a powerful punch!

If you'd like to be notified, click this link to sign-up: NanoSync Antenna (For the DJI Mavic)

Current price is set at $109 but is subject to change at launch. Chuck from DBS Mods has been testing this antenna with very good results (see attached picture)

Attachments

• Nano_Sync_1024x1024.jpg
    Nano_Sync_1024x1024.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 258
  • 16300125_363423364050643_8844435382036267006_o.jpg
    16300125_363423364050643_8844435382036267006_o.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 276
Got mine on order. Will be sending in my controller to have them do the install, especially for 50% off.....

Ordered and my RC is on the way. This is a very involved install as the Mavic controller is not as easy as a Phantom remote.
My advice, take advantage of the limited time 50% off install rate before it disappears.
Will post my results here.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Just a quick update. The antennas are arriving at the distribution center today (a day behind schedule due to weather). Depending on what time they are actually delivered, they may ship out today or tomorrow, so we're looking at a Friday or Monday deliver to our shop. We'll ship out as soon as we get them.

Reactions: Jamison74
Can you provide any details (I didn't see any specs on your website) regarding what the range, etc of this is and the difference between your new/improved antenna system and DJI's? i.e. - what does your system provide that I don't already have.

Reactions: Jamison74
Nice. Please provide us with some instruction video: How to install Itelite DBS NanoSync antenna. Thanks.

Can you provide any details (I didn't see any specs on your website) regarding what the range, etc of this is and the difference between your new/improved antenna system and DJI's? i.e. - what does your system provide that I don't already have.

I already asked some of those questions on a separate thread awhile back. None of the makers of these "Range Extenders" that I checked offer any performance specs at all. No radiation pattern graphs. No technical info about the directionality of their devices. No information which would allow one to make an informed decision about the performance of these devices.

And probably no comparison: stock antenna vs. upgraded one?

Last edited:
I already asked some of those questions on a separate thread awhile back. None of the makers of these "Range Extenders" that I checked offer any performance specs at all. No radiation pattern graphs. No technical info about the directionality of their devices. No information which would allow one to make an informed decision about the performance of these devices.
There is no technical or video examples that shows this kind of antennas actually improves the range of the Mavic. In my opinion this does not work at all.

Reactions: kris7753
I just did this install on my controller and my range is piss poor. I've read that some of the units can be bad so I am hoping this is the case. At this point, I feel pretty ripped off. The difference in range from modded w/ itelite nanosync range extender vs bone stock controller is not even worth comparing.

Reactions: kris7753
I'd be much more interested to know whether it improves the penetration of the signal in noisy or obstructed areas. Flying at a moderate distance lower to the ground, where trees and other structures would otherwise cause signal fade/loss is far more interesting than going a distance that the stock battery cannot support.

I will do an in depth review of this on my gear review website but I judging by how weak the signal is with a clear line of sight I think it is safe to say that the penetration of this setup will be far inferior to the factory configuration. To give an idea how how little my itelite antenna helps... i totally disconnected the cables and I lost roughly 10 feet in total elevation that I could fly. Not sure if that is a good example but the point is, I get fairly similar range and connectivity with or without the antenna connected to the controller.

I am hoping they will send me a replacement unit so I can test this against one that is functioning hopefully. To any prospective buyers for the itelite unit, my suggestion at this point is to hang on until I can provide more information regarding this setup because at this point all I have done is waste $109.00 not to mention voiding my warranty.

I will do an in depth review of this on my gear review website but I judging by how weak the signal is with a clear line of sight I think it is safe to say that the penetration of this setup will be far inferior to the factory configuration. To give an idea how how little my itelite antenna helps... i totally disconnected the cables and I lost roughly 10 feet in total elevation that I could fly. Not sure if that is a good example but the point is, I get fairly similar range and connectivity with or without the antenna connected to the controller.

I am hoping they will send me a replacement unit so I can test this against one that is functioning hopefully. To any prospective buyers for the itelite unit, my suggestion at this point is to hang on until I can provide more information regarding this setup because at this point all I have done is waste $109.00 not to mention voiding my warranty.

Hey bud, where did you buy the antenna from?

I purchased it from drone-antennas

I was not going to say anything initially but I may as well disclose the other issue that I had with the kit I bought. There are two cables that are included that are included for the installation inside the mavic controller. I received two of the same cables (two rights) which resulted in me not being able to connect my left cable. That sucked but the guys at the itelitedbs website were really punctual in getting the proper cable mailed out to me (overnight) free of charge.

The customer support and build quality of this setup are both really great. The performance at this point is dismal.

Last edited:
I purchased it from drone-antennas

I was not going to say anything initially but I may as well disclose the other issue that I had with the kit I bought. There are two cables that are included that are included for the installation inside the mavic controller. I received two of the same cables (two rights) which resulted in me not being able to connect my left cable. That sucked but the guys at the itelitedbs website were really punctual in getting the proper cable mailed out to me (overnight) free of charge.

The customer support and build quality of this setup are both really great. The performance at this point is dismal.

Look I don't want to cause problems- BUUUT, we are all thinking it as we read your post...

1. You're antenna install is flawed. No one, that I know and I know lots of people that have done this mod complain about "piss poor" results. Something is more than likely wrong with your install, cables either external or internal or something. The money is usually 99% of the time on a damaged or not fully clipped in internal cable connection to the logic board.

2. You took the antenna off and don't notice any change? Ugh. That points to a install issue almost guaranteed. But to the thing we are all thinking... you never, and I mean absolutely never take your antenna wires off while the controller is on, and definitely while connected to the drone, and absolutely, positively while the birds in the air. You see turning the controller on without the antenna connected properly will fry your controller. Which at this point I'm almost certain you have done. Also, you read and research.

If I read your post wrong I'm sorry... but unhooking your cables while on and/or connected is a huge no no!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423