DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ithink my MA2 is a dud

ninja_geezer

Reactions
ok so had a few issues in the last few days inc corrupt data,flickering on playback and shadows and flashing on the screen.
i have tried manual settings/auto settings and also clicking the lock to hold the exposure .i have tried also recording just using the built in memory.
so last ditch was to refresh the firmware,no different ...when i am in level flight with no gimbal inputs it is spot on.
i have watch so much footage of the MA2 online and ive never seen any do this .
if i get chance i will try and catch some footage from my tv as it shows up more on the big screen.
i am hoping argos will exchange it for me tomorrow if they have one rather than mess about through DJI.
if they dont then i will have to go down that route .
any ideas before i take it back to the store...:(

ok so had a few issues in the last few days inc corrupt data,flickering on playback and shadows and flashing on the screen.
i have tried manual settings/auto settings and also clicking the lock to hold the exposure .i have tried also recording just using the built in memory.
so last ditch was to refresh the firmware,no different ...when i am in level flight with no gimbal inputs it is spot on.
i have watch so much footage of the MA2 online and ive never seen any do this .
if i get chance i will try and catch some footage from my tv as it shows up more on the big screen.
i am hoping argos will exchange it for me tomorrow if they have one rather than mess about through DJI.
if they dont then i will have to go down that route .
any ideas before i take it back to the store...:(

it might be worth seeing the video from a Dud as everyone could get a better understanding of what the problem is and pitch in on there experience.

It does sound like there is an issue with that particular drone.. If you removed the SD card and are still not getting clear video while flying or even sitting, then perhaps its would be prudent to see if you can exchange it.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
it might be worth seeing the video from a Dud as everyone could get a better understanding of what the problem is and pitch in on there experience.
i will try and get a couple of clips loaded up .

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
How long have you had it?
24th june ,argos says on the website due to covid 19 all purchases made between 1st march and july the 15th get until august 15th to return for refund or exchange.
we shall see...

its prefect in normal level flight its only when you start using the gimbal there is some kind of flickering /interference but its not constant .

It does sound like there is an issue with that particular drone.. If you removed the SD card and are still not getting clear video while flying or even sitting, then perhaps its would be prudent to see if you can exchange it.
its linked to the gimbal i believe.

sounds like you have a gimbal overload or shaking. videos will be good, as this is also proof to dji for warranty claims

I got the same problem watching on my 65 inch Samsung tv. You don’t see it on small screen but big 4K uhd yes because better quality screen. The reason I think is when you pitch down or up your gimbal if you go to fast with the wheel it shakes the gimbal and you see that flickering. I had tried to move it very slow from start to let off the wheel and had good result. This is why everyone is asking for gimbal pitch adj speed and smoothness also gimbal exp adj speed and smoothness. Same if you rotate the drone to fast you see that flickering. Might be something else to like gimbal problem...I am not Sure ? If you send it back just let me know if it does it with the new drone on a big screen tv so I send mine back to dji for repair. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: gb160
I got the same problem watching on my 65 inch Samsung tv. You don’t see it on small screen but big 4K uhd yes because better quality screen. The reason I think is when you pitch down or up your gimbal if you go to fast with the wheel it shakes the gimbal and you see that flickering. I had tried to move it very slow from start to let off the wheel and had good result. This is why everyone is asking for gimbal pitch adj speed and smoothness also gimbal exp adj speed and smoothness. Same if you rotate the drone to fast you see that flickering. Might be something else to like gimbal problem...I am not Sure ? If you send it back just let me know if it does it with the new drone on a big screen tv so I send mine back to dji for repair. Thanks.
you are correct about noticing on a bigger screen its really noticeable on my 55 sony HDR set but not on my non 4k 22 desktop screen.i also noticed some artifacts when not moving the gimbal on take yesterday after a 7 metre hover i climbed to about 50 metres an saw it .
this why i have not posted any clips as yet ,i want to try and capture the issues with my phone camera of the large tv if possible.i looked back at some of my first videos taken in the same location and no issues on them.i did notice when i collected the drone that the box has a large crease impact mark across one side but never thought anything of it so maybe it could have been dropped ??

Reactions: Jeffro15
Thanks Argos new drone unboxed fingers crossed this time......
a lot faster than going through DJI thats for sure. just checked the Model number and its the later model with 3W.

Reactions: gb160
Going up suddenly to fast might shake the gimbal just slightly and make that flickering effect? Try the new drone without going slow on joystick and go gently with your joystick after that just to see the difference. Another thing I saw on older post on the mavic 2 pro is that the Nd filter of other brand where not tight anough and they were rattling we need to look into this also. Let me know the results so I can decide what to do after with the drone?

Last edited:
Going up suddenly to fast might shake the gimbal just slightly and make that flickering effect? Try the new drone without going slow on joystick and go gently with your joystick after that just to see the difference. Another thing I saw on older post on the mavic 2 pro is that the Nd filter of other brand where not tight anough and they were rattling we need to look into this also. Let me know the results so I can decide what to do after with the drone?
Yes will do ,i tried it with and without polar pro ND filter 2-5 .not sure when i will get out with the new one.

I think there are many Mavic Air 2 duds. I’m on my third now and feel DJI really has to look into the quality control on these guys and do some kind of major update addressing all the issues people have been having with them. They all have been buggy in some way even my new one I just got has some weird issues again with the quick shot modes not working like the previous two I had before this. Some guy chimes in as user error on one of my previous posts about these and nope NOT user error this is DJI and their new Mavic Air 2 drones not being stable like they should be. Personally think that there are way more issues with this drone than many realize or know.

Ok I have look to the footage coming out of the drone without been process by wondershare filmora video editor and there is no more flickering?Seems in my case that the video editor is the problem! Will see with next time out in the field with a new video editor. Keep us posted with your new drone and test?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Now I can confirm that the problem is not the drone but the video editor wondershare filmora 9. I bought adobe premiere element 2020 and no more glitches and flickering for the same video. Now we just need a fw update with gimbal speed adj and smoothness and will be perfect?

Reactions: Tentoes
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev