DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

'It's disgusting'; surveillance shows drone flying outside woman's window at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are in denial if you think perverts have not used drones to do this. If the video is real or not, you can rest assured that there are creeps out there using drones like this.

You are in denial if you think perverts have not used drones to do this. If the video is real or not, you can rest assured that there are creeps out there using drones like this.
Oh-not in denial and that was not my point. Know one can really tell, and i've never seen an object (UAV) hover sideways, unless the perv was carrying a package :cool:

Reactions: Lazaro68

I'm sure the video is real, but I doubt that's really a drone. The lights and angle of the object are unrealistic. Some of these inexpensive surveillance cameras can produce very strange artifacts in night mode with IR illumination on.

At various points you can see between the lights, so it's obviously not a drone. Also, did you see where the window is located? Would you try to fly a drone in that area at night?? Too many trees and other obstacles. I'm sure it's just some sort of reflections or aberrations within the lens. Plus, it would a little tough to make a drone quite enough to not be heard, especially at night when everything is so quiet.

It looks more like reflections of some car lights or something - when it crosses the trees you would expect to see the body of the drone but there is nothing visible.
You can see how the global drone paranoia could make you think it was someone spying though.
Agreed, at 00:42 shows a tree covering the back yard, highly unlikeley the pilot flew up as it's shown. at 01:32 you can see through the "so called drone" as it goes up. Reflection in the lens is spot on Congoblue!

I have an outside security camera and you get all sorts of weird artifacts from passing car lights.

It is an interesting view into how the media influences how people think, as a result of the camera this lady is now totally paranoid about being watched and is making sure all her neighbours are too. She will probably spend hours each day reviewing the footage to make sure "he" hasn't been back and will not feel safe in her own house. But in fact there was nobody there and nothing has changed.

"I'm really glad I know this was happening, instead of being inside and not knowing somebody was looking in."
"It's not going unnoticed and we want him to stop."
So she wrote a letter and went door-to-door, telling everyone on her block to be aware: An unwanted presence could be peeping through their windows.
"Nobody knew that was happening, I'm making sure that we prevent this from happening again."

Reactions: Brojon
Well, whatever it is, it is hardly world breaking news.
Perverts and sneaky bastards are everywhere. But they would better have a 60 x optical zoom Lumix or a 85 x zoom Nikon P900. And they are way cheaper than an Mavic and don't need flying skills.
I can't recall any article or news flash about someone shooting a naked woman with full zoom from a safe distance however. Nobody would know.

I got me a Lumix FZ82 recently (for moon pictures mainly) and was shocked how easy it is to zoom in on a person on the beach behind my house, 200 meters away, and still get incredible detail. It can go all the way up to 200 x zoom with digital cropping (losing detail of course, but still, clear enough for spying). It costs only 350$ or Euro.

So all this spying on people with drones is just juicy for the media, but really, it's non-news. They should investigate the new and very affordable hand held cameras and do an item on that. Start fear mongering the world with juicy stories about sneaky Joe, filming from an apartment building across the street. That is seriously happening all over the world now.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
They made sure to plug in the free advertisement for "Wyse Cam" and for less than $30, she can tap into a live feed anywhere, anytime on her phone or tablet.

Hmmm.....

Reactions: mortenf
I saw this on my local news yesterday. I called bs on it from the moment I saw it. The yard doesn’t exactly favor night flying. Also, what are you going to see in the dark with a drone? I mean honestly.

The flight path was exactly the same whether the object was near or far, and not on a hovering angle. I'm also thinking reflection.

Why do I feel the presence of a depressed woman seeking attention?

Why did she put the camera out to begin with?

I saw this on my local news yesterday. I called bs on it from the moment I saw it. The yard doesn’t exactly favor night flying. Also, what are you going to see in the dark with a drone? I mean honestly.
I saw it too... I think its crap personally but the news will run with it.
The yard is surrounded by trees, it would be challenging enough to fly in that yard in the daytime much less at night.

I have an outside security camera and you get all sorts of weird artifacts from passing car lights.

It is an interesting view into how the media influences how people think, as a result of the camera this lady is now totally paranoid about being watched and is making sure all her neighbours are too. She will probably spend hours each day reviewing the footage to make sure "he" hasn't been back and will not feel safe in her own house. But in fact there was nobody there and nothing has changed.

"I'm really glad I know this was happening, instead of being inside and not knowing somebody was looking in."
"It's not going unnoticed and we want him to stop."
So she wrote a letter and went door-to-door, telling everyone on her block to be aware: An unwanted presence could be peeping through their windows.
"Nobody knew that was happening, I'm making sure that we prevent this from happening again."

I agree. I use IR trail cams for work and also home security and there are often similar artifacts. As others have said, you can see between the two inner "lights" (go to 2:01).

I sent an email to the reporter asking him to have an expert look at the video because we don't need anymore drones-are-bad stories out there, especially incorrect/false stories.

Everyone who agrees should send the reporter an email:
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000