DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's HOT [emoji91]

Zeke

Reactions
So living in Phoenix (which is 3 miles from the sun this time of year) what's the general consensus on maximum flying temps? I understand batteries take the biggest hit in the heat, but I'm getting my grandson into drones and he's joansing to get out there.

I picked him up a mini to start with (he's been trying to fly this Holystone drone I picked up on Amazon without much luck).

Tia.

Reactions: M2-Zoom
Not sure about the mini, but for the M2P DJI manual lists 104 degrees ambient as max recommended temp for flying it.

Not sure about the mini, but for the M2P DJI manual lists 104 degrees ambient as max recommended temp for flying it.
That's what I thought, I just wanted to confirm there wasn't a lower threshold. Thanks.

So living in Phoenix (which is 3 miles from the sun this time of year) what's the general consensus on maximum flying temps? I understand batteries take the biggest hit in the heat, but I'm getting my grandson into drones and he's joansing to get out there.

I picked him up a mini to start with (he's been trying to fly this Holystone drone I picked up on Amazon without much luck).

Tia.
In 93f temps in Florida I've seen battery temps of 130f at the end of a flight.

Wow, three miles from the sun?
You need a volcanic suit for sure ?.
Grad to hear you’re get the grandson involved.
He’s sure to enjoy the hobby with grandad as a copilot. ?

Reactions: Zeke
Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.

ETS.jpg

Reactions: Zeke
In 93f temps in Florida I've seen battery temps of 130f at the end of a flight.
I live in FL too. I've gotten battery temps up to 160 to 170 F (MA2 and A2S) by the time i landed. That's when I fly constantly in sport mode through the entire flight. THE MAX OUTDOOR TEMP RECOMMENDATION IS 104F on most DJI drones (mini to mav2 series), not sure about the higher end ones though. The batteries can get pretty hot, depending on how your flying your drone. If they get too hot, the App gives a warning and forces the drone into a "lower performance" mode. Basically, makes it fly and respond slower. I haven't had any battery swelling problems as of yet.

Reactions: spudster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter