DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's Never Time for Jello

MPPilot

Reactions
Big jello issue. Not idea what caused it, I have never crashed (this drone, anyway) and never dropped it, and it stays in its case with the gimbal lock in place when not in use. I know this question has been asked, I've read the posts and tried everything: latest firmware, calibrate the gimbal, make sure the little rubber bands are in place, ensure the gimbal is not stuck under the L bracket. All with not success. I'm posting the video below in hopes someone can see the symptoms and severity and have another idea as to the cause. Any (helpful) suggestions welcome! Of course I have had the MP just long enough for the warrantee to expire. Thanks, everyone.

Big jello issue. Not idea what caused it, I have never crashed (this drone, anyway) and never dropped it, and it stays in its case with the gimbal lock in place when not in use. I know this question has been asked, I've read the posts and tried everything: latest firmware, calibrate the gimbal, make sure the little rubber bands are in place, ensure the gimbal is not stuck under the L bracket. All with not success. I'm posting the video below in hopes someone can see the symptoms and severity and have another idea as to the cause. Any (helpful) suggestions welcome! Of course I have had the MP just long enough for the warrantee to expire. Thanks, everyone.

Most people believe that the jello is caused by vibration. Check all motors are free and smooth and try new props.

Reactions: MPPilot
Most people believe that the jello is caused by vibration. Check all motors are free and smooth and try new props.
Good call. The motors seem to be nice and tight but on close inspection I noticed a crack in one of the props I hadn't found before. I'm going to swap the props and try it again. Wish me luck.

Good luck [emoji3]
Got new props and gave it a test. Unfortunately it was vary windy and gusting. It LOOKS better, but with the wind knocking it around I can't be sure. When I get back home from traveling I'll try it again on a calmer day. BTW - Picked up the platinum low noise props. Work well, can't say that my ears can tell the difference.

Final result: replacing the prop did not fix it. After LOTS of searching I came across a post similar to mine. Mentioned putting on an ND filter, tried it, no more jello. Perfect picture again. Something in the gimbal balance must have been messed up. I can live with the ND filter on all the time, usually need one anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard