DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's time to cycle your batteries.

I have just charged my Mavic 2 batteries to 100%, after not using them since january.

Will it damage the batteries if i just let them sit to the 10 day automatic discharge begins?

Just read that letting them sit fully charge even for a few days could damage them.

Last edited:
I would say they will be fine. I have been using lipos since 2004 and have never had an issue with quality batteries. Some disagree due to what they have read online but almost every case of a lipo fire, swelling, or rapid discharge has been due to cheap packs that had a known defect or were abused in one way or another. These batteries self discharge what's not to love? Now if I had batteries sitting for 4 months without use I would put them at 3.8v per cell, just a storage charge.

Jeff

A little off topic. I have an electric lawn mower with 36V Lithium ion battery. I normally put it on the charger the day prior to when I plan to mow and leave it in its partially discharged condition when finished mowing, similar as I do with my Mavic batteries. Is this the best way to maintain them.

I would say they will be fine. I have been using lipos since 2004 and have never had an issue with quality batteries. Some disagree due to what they have read online but almost every case of a lipo fire, swelling, or rapid discharge has been due to cheap packs that had a known defect or were abused in one way or another. These batteries self discharge what's not to love? Now if I had batteries sitting for 4 months without use I would put them at 3.8v per cell, just a storage charge.

Jeff

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just gonna leave my batteries as they are now and let them drain after 10 days. if I'm not gonna fly this weekend,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll