DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jetty - Feedback Requested

Hi All,

New to the editing of images so would love some feedback on my picture. I would really like to hear to opinions on what do do differently, what you more experienced editors would do with the image.

Cheers,
Bizzy
A work of Art I must say

Reactions: Former Member
New to the editing of images so would love some feedback on my picture. I would really like to hear to opinions on what do do differently, what you more experienced editors would do with the image.
i-5cw5jND-X2.jpg

Two things I'd definitely do would be to straighten the horizon and dial the exposure back a little.
The rocks, jetty and land in the distance look a bit washed out.
After that you could do some minor tweaking to vibrance and saturation and do a tiny bit with the shadows/highlights to remove some glare from the water.

It's not editing but composition-wise, the picture is all (very nice) background.
A more prominent subject with some detail to draw the viewers eye would be good.
Or show some more to the left to give some beach to frame the scene and avoid the chopped-off look.

Is that St. Vincent Gulf?

Last edited:
Reactions: Slim.slamma
An ND filter doesn't do anything to change the look of an image.
It just forces a slower shutter speed to get proper exposure - something that's not helpful in most aerial photography.
I’m with you boss math and science rules but I’m betting he used a filter

An ND filter doesn't do anything to change the look of an image.
It just forces a slower shutter speed to get proper exposure - something that's not helpful in most aerial photography.

Now we can agree on something! ND filters are primarily for video. Only reasons you'd use an ND filter for stills is if the image is too bright on the camera's least sensitive settings. You can use them for long exposure too but not on a drone.

If your ND filter is making your image more contrasty you have bad ones.

Hi All,

Cheers,
Bizzy

Hey it looks really good! I love the leading lines that intersect at your subject! I think the overall color is very good.

I agree with @Meta4 about the horizon and I like the darkened sky in their rendition. I chose to go a different route but we are just getting into personal preference at this point. Jetty.jpg
I adjusted your aspect ratio to give it a wide screen shape without cropping anything I didn't want to crop. I did crop down your sky a bit. I just, in my opinion distracted a tad from your subject which is great. I also added a post crop highlight priority vignette. I think this aids in drawing the viewer to the subject without the viewer being aware of it. I slightly cropped the bottom and right side to position your subject to abide by the rule of thirds and I darkened the sky without introducing the purple artifact by adding black.

Again I thing your original is great and you might not like mine at all but this is just what I would have done in my style.

Does this show any improvement @Slim.slamma and @Meta4 ? I like what you have suggested RE: More prominent features when taking the shot.

@brett8883 - I like what you have done there - I'm interested to know how you did the post crop highlight priority vignette?

Attachments

• Jetty2.jpg
    Jetty2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 29
Does this show any improvement @Slim.slamma and I like your original not much for cropping I prefer Geometry in Lr
@Meta4 ? I like what you have suggested RE: More prominent features when taking the shot.

@brett8883 - I like what you have done there - I'm interested to know how you did the post crop highlight priority vignette?

I like your original instead of cropping I normally prefer geometry in Lr
7mm and 12mm lens for most stills so that the first place I normally start out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melissapeterss