DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

JSPatch baked in to DJI Go?

Very interesting read. Thanks for the share...

Thanks for posting. I knew I wasn't just paranoid. See my earlier post...

"Even after all precautions, DJI Go4 app. updated on my pad! Is it ok to connect to my MP?"

So now what?

I force stopped DJI GO4 tonight and watched it on NoRootFirewall try to connect to over 50 IP's in China in less than 15 minutes. While the program was force stopped in the application manager. First IP was Beijing, the rest were a city northwest of Hong Kong and due north of Macau. There were quite a few hits in Ashburn Virginia at the Amazon server farm as well. One thing is for sure, the software is nasty. You might think you have it all shut down but rest assured it is trying to communicate with their servers regardless.

This will blow your mind even more and takes some believing, so much so that I thought about not even posting it here due to being classified.
My Ipad mini 4 has ALWAYS got the wifi off (no data cellular connection) and one a few occasions when doing maintenance from my routers hub I've noticed data comms from the connected (but disconnectd) ipad 4 taking place and I'm not talking about a record of devices approved either for connection.
When I checked the ipad it was still off!
Our devices are smarter than you think.

Surprise Surprise!!
Thanks for the update BossBob.

Rob
Rob didn't you have a thread on something similar to this not
long ago.

Yep! And once again one or two people suggested that I needed a tin foil hat:D

Rob
I thought so from just skimming as I do .:)

Reactions: Robbyg
Yep! And once again one or two people suggested that I needed a tin foil hat:D

Rob

Well I for one am going to say it after re-reading your post again...

"Rob, you were right"

So since you always keep on airplane mode and wifi off on your dedicated device, how do you download maps? Do you fly without maps? I went to a place this weekend and got some flying in but was unable to download maps. Did everything I used to do but still no maps.

Funny thing though, after done flying I reviewed the flight log and it showed my flight path on full maps! How does it show maps after the fact but not while flying? I use maps a lot to judge where I'm at in comparison to the landmarks.

I miss my maps. I don't want to connect to wifi while connected to my MP but looks like it's trying to force that. Do I just resolve to the fact that I'll have no more maps?

If you have android, you can mod in maps pretty easily. They are kept in a hidden folder called .djiHereMap.

I usually use an unrelated device to download the maps, then I transfer them to the device I am using.

If you want to get creative, you can still make it use Google maps, though I don't know if this support will be pulled out of future versions of DJI Go. I still run 4.0.6 on Android because it almost never crashes. I can do full 30 min flights without a crash.

"Rob, you were right"

So since you always keep on airplane mode and wifi off on your dedicated device, how do you download maps? Do you fly without maps? I went to a place this weekend and got some flying in but was unable to download maps. Did everything I used to do but still no maps.

Funny thing though, after done flying I reviewed the flight log and it showed my flight path on full maps! How does it show maps after the fact but not while flying? I use maps a lot to judge where I'm at in comparison to the landmarks.

I miss my maps. I don't want to connect to wifi while connected to my MP but looks like it's trying to force that. Do I just resolve to the fact that I'll have no more maps?

Edit: this is on an IPad mini 4.

"Rob, you were right"

Sorry, but I don't use the maps. On most of my flights I know where I want to go and I just head in that direction following the landmarks. I also prefer the Radar for returning home, its much more informative and reliable. I am pretty sure you could get those maps into the ipad. They must be stored in a folder and you could use a secondary device running G04 to download them and then copy them to your dedicated device. It's just too much work for me, I fly and look for cool stuff along my way, so maps are not high priority for me.

Rob

Yeah I have a theory that DJI intentionally sabotaged the exposure readout (ev) to "encourage" me to update the app. I usually stay on airplane mode, although I have opened the app while connected to internet a few times, without the bird connected.

Sorry, but I don't use the maps. On most of my flights I know where I want to go and I just head in that direction following the landmarks. I also prefer the Radar for returning home, its much more informative and reliable. I am pretty sure you could get those maps into the ipad. They must be stored in a folder and you could use a secondary device running G04 to download them and then copy them to your dedicated device. It's just too much work for me, I fly and look for cool stuff along my way, so maps are not high priority for me.

Rob

I use the radar all he time too but I used maps to get close to cliffs and at waters edge and such. My depth of visions at LOS not too good when far away.

I still don't understand how the maps are there when I look at my flight record. I guess I'll just get used to no maps.

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan