DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you're saying reminded me of similar but less severe reaction. A friend recently tagged me in Facebook with a drone related post, accompanied with the this line "I normally despise drones but this site has some good pictures...blah blah, etc". Somehow it really rubbed me the wrong way. Despise? I despise drunk drivers. I can't imagine what experience he's had with drones that would cause that reaction. I'm sure he was just being casual with the word, but still....
This may have something to do with one of the first widely publicized stories of the man who shot down a drone that was allegedly spying on his daughter sun bathing nude, he shot the drone and was arrested.
There are lots of reasons for fearing drones one big one is the feeling of being under constant surveillance. As for me I try and do my flying when the light is optional and during the weekdays when the majority of people are working. My focus is historical buildings and waterfalls in up state NY.

Speaking of gun ownership...taking my CHL class next week and in 6 weeks should have my license to carry. It's ridiculous the attitude towards those of us who both enjoy shooting and feel a strong desire to project those we love and random strangers in the event something terrible happens when we as CHL holders are present. It's almost like folks would rather some crazed person be unobstructed when carrying out either mass murder or another crime with a firearm than have GGWG. SMH. Regardless I refuse to be a victim or allow others in my presence to be either.

Oh and I too feel uncomfortable droning in most places others frequent, like parks in our area. I hate it but have yet to get over the desire to avoid those that buy into silly propaganda or lump responsible flyers with those that are too childish to fly with respect and awareness of the gravity (pun intended) of what they do.

Speaking of gun ownership...taking my CHL class next week and in 6 weeks should have my license to carry. It's ridiculous the attitude towards those of us who both enjoy shooting and feel a strong desire to project those we love and random strangers in the event something terrible happens when we as CHL holders are present. It's almost like folks would rather some crazed person be unobstructed when carrying out either mass murder or another crime with a firearm than have GGWG. SMH. Regardless I refuse to be a victim or allow others in my presence to be either.

Oh and I too feel uncomfortable droning in most places others frequent, like parks in our area. I hate it but have yet to get over the desire to avoid those that buy into silly propaganda or lump responsible flyers with those that are too childish to fly with respect and awareness of the gravity (pun intended) of what they do.
What is CHL & GGWG & SMH? Many folks lose the gist of your post if they have to look up abbreviations... In My Humble Opinion (IMHO)...

Reactions: Dronage
Fly safe all and as I said above it might be better to fly with no non pilots around as drones are becoming a hot topic almost as bad as saying you own a gun. You must be a bad guy in both cases.

You are hanging around with the wrong people if they say you are a bad guy with a gun! Remember, there are more "good" guys with guns then there are "bad" guys with guns...

It's ridiculous the attitude towards those of us who both enjoy shooting and feel a strong desire to project those we love and random strangers in the event something terrible happens when we as CHL holders are present.
Remember, there are more "good" guys with guns then there are "bad" guys with guns...
I agree with you both but to me it's not a very wise move to stand your ground in a risky area much less fly there. If I see questionable people entering an area I'm flying at, I'll leave if I feel threatened.

Last edited:
This continues on with gun talk guys this thread will
be over.
Only Warning.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
I agree with you both but to me it's not a very wise move to stand your ground in a risky area much less fly there. If I see questionable people entering an area I'm flying at, I'll leave if I feel threatened.
Totally agree re: drones, perhaps the second paragraph wasn't clear in this regard. I'm more comfortable carrying than flying a drone in a city park :( I only fly out in the sticks anymore.

What is CHL & GGWG & SMH? Many folks lose the gist of your post if they have to look up abbreviations... In My Humble Opinion (IMHO)...
True, will remember this for the next post containing acronyms. Thank you for your service. Did you go to school in lovely Groton,CT perchance or were you surface fleet?

badgenes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis