DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered 2 ARC II lights with mounts

I think I made a big mistake.
I went by the instructions on the package rather than leaving it charge for 2 hours.

Just left my "defective" one charge for 2 hours and it's working.

I think I made a big mistake.
I went by the instructions on the package rather than leaving it charge for 2 hours.

Just left my "defective" one charge for 2 hours and it's working.
How long do these lights shine for on a charge.
I think it still ended too soon.

He knows there is a problem with some units....he says he got into contact with factory....idk if its linked to just the white strobes or what but yea def something going on. Anyway he is on top of it so cant ask for better customer service. It does suck but sh#t happens. Tedshred if u stick the faulty one on charge then turn it on while on charge skip to second strobe setting while on charge....then pull charger off will yours stay on?

He knows there is a problem with some units....he says he got into contact with factory....idk if its linked to just the white strobes or what but yea def something going on. Anyway he is on top of it so cant ask for better customer service. It does suck but sh#t happens. Tedshred if u stick the faulty one on charge then turn it on while on charge skip to second strobe setting while on charge....then pull charger off will yours stay on?
I'll test it tomorrow and let you know.

I'll test it tomorrow and let you know.
Ok yea when u turn it on go to second light pattern then pull off charger let me know!

Ok yea when u turn it on go to second light pattern then pull off charger let me know!
I made sure it was charged for a couple of hours. Started it, pulled it off the charge cable in the second mode.

It's now been 38 minutes and it's still blinking. I'm timing it.

Go figure.

Thanks for doing some testing fellas.
Keep us all posted here, I'm holding off a while to ensure no problems with long distance purchase.
It's been about 2 hours that they have been on.
The lights are dimmer but they are still blinking.
I can't figure it out.
Maybe the initial charge needs to be for 3 hours?

I'm happy they are both working not perplexed as to why I had issues with one of them.

20190410_095905.jpeg20190410_095845.jpeg

Here's the latest:

My light in question will not continue flashing in the first light pattern mode when pulled off the charge cable.
I then need to reattach it to the charger, and if I go to the second light pattern it keeps running when pulled off the charger. It won't start off the cable.
Weird.

I will add...my other light is doing this also. Ugh.
I'm kind of lost now.
Intermittent electrical issues are maddening.

I’d send ‘em back.. maybe just a “bad run”, and get replacements
I think you are correct.
Here's what I have deducted so far:

They will start up only on the charger. If I try and start them off the cable they flash once then nothing.

If I start them and leave them on the charger they run in all 3 light modes with no problem.

If I start them on the charger and pull them off of the charger in the first light mode they quit.

If I start them on the charger and skip to the second or third light mode they will continue to run when I remove them from the cable.

Thanks very much for the feedback @TedShred . . . that is really frustrating for you, and no doubt this micro electronics can be riddled with quality control issues at times.
I really hope you get it worked out with FT, will be great when it is resolved for you and Mike4884.
I'll hang off purchasing until they know what's going on and check stock etc.

Thanks very much for the feedback @TedShred . . . that is really frustrating for you, and no doubt this micro electronics can be riddled with quality control issues at times.
I really hope you get it worked out with FT, will be great when it is resolved for you and Mike4884.
I'll hang off purchasing until they know what's going on and check stock etc.
You're welcome. I bought mine on Amazon via Cold Fusion Aviation. They have stated they will replace them. I'm not sure if they are related to FHT other than a distributor.
Anyway, hopefully this gets sorted out. When they worked they were awesome.
I'll keep updating on this thread.

Yep so as i suspected this was the same behaviour i was getting. I don't know how you tell their charged or not because one minute when you plug them in the light is solid then the next time you plug them in the light is blinking so I have no clue how to tell if these new arc twos are charged....i do know that if you cannot get them to turn on ...plug them into charger and go thru modes then pull off :rolleyes: I guess if you keep them on the charger for an hour or two and you should be okay as far as charging them but what is the actual charging directions for the new ones?

Last edited:
Tedshred sent u a pm.... to the other guys yes this batch that we got is definitely fiddly .....

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I think you are correct.
Here's what I have deducted so far:

They will start up only on the charger. If I try and start them off the cable they flash once then nothing.

If I start them and leave them on the charger they run in all 3 light modes with no problem.

If I start them on the charger and pull them off of the charger in the first light mode they quit.

If I start them on the charger and skip to the second or third light mode they will continue to run when I remove them from the cable.
Exact behaviour i get.....to the T.... check my p.m. out

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78