DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered 2 ARC II lights with mounts

So i just took both of mine off charger and they wont turn on?? But on charger i get a single led like they are charged...flashing means charging. Idk whats going on...anyone ever experience this? Charged both for 2 hours and were working fine previously before charge

So i just took both of mine off charger and they wont turn on?? But on charger i get a single led like they are charged...flashing means charging. Idk whats going on...anyone ever experience this? Charged both for 2 hours and were working fine previously before charge
Flashing means charging. Solid light means charged.
Did you hold the on bottom down for a bit? A quick tap doesn't work.

Flashing means charging. Solid light means charged.
Did you hold the on bottom down for a bit? A quick tap doesn't work.
Yep....and they are both solid indicating fully charged....so odd. Now if i plug them in on charger and turn them on they will turn on as soon as i take off charger they go off

Yep....and they are both solid indicating fully charged....so odd. Now if i plug them in on charger and turn them on they will turn on as soon as i take off charger they go off
That's exactly what mine did that is going to be replaced.
You have 2?
I'm starting to wonder now about the quality control.
Why weren't they tested before shipping is my question.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
That's exactly what mine did that is going to be replaced.
You have 2?
I'm starting to wonder now about the quality control.
Why weren't they tested before shipping is my question.
Mine, after charged and off the charger, would flash bright once when I attempted to start it. Then nothing at all. And when I put it on the charger it needed to be charged again.
I think they have some faulty batteries.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Mine, after charged and off the charger, would flash bright once when I attempted to start it. Then nothing at all. And when I put it on the charger it needed to be charged again.

Whoa, that would be painful for me 15,000 + km away (9500 miles) !
Plus complicated, as I would be getting shipped to US east coast address, and my younger brother bringing back with him from an upcoming trip.

I will have to email FHT again when ordering and ask them to PLEASE test the ones they are sending to avoid long drawn out complications.

Wondering if Perth Drone Shop here in Australia is aware there could be a faulty batch, they got 30 or so sent the other week, not sure what type but some were ARCII 4 leds.

Yea man not cool mine are doing same exact thing. Flash once when off charger then nothing. Guess i will contact them seems i have 2 duds :(

Going to try different charging bricks.... because I know with one of the bricks the light would stay on solid like it was fully charged ....now after trying another brick it's blinking so going to see if I can get these things to charge I will be contacting them. Maybe some of the bricks are throwing the lights into protection mode idk?

Reactions: TedShred
Going to try different charging bricks.... because I know with one of the bricks the light would stay on solid like it was fully charged ....now after trying another brick it's blinking so going to see if I can get these things to charge I will be contacting them. Maybe some of the bricks are throwing the lights into protection mode idk?
Let us know.

Let us know.
So i got a hold of firehouse he has said he has never seen this behaviour. So im not sure whats going on. Problems started after charging and not on 5 watt charging bricks etc. All i get is a quick flash off charger anyways I used a laptop and a 1.5 w brick so that isnt the issue. The weird thing with all of this is when i plug them into charger then turn them on (on charger) i can then take them off of charger and strobes will stay on. Once i cycle thru lights thats it... it shuts off and if i want to turn them back on i would have to hook back up to charger. Obviously something is wrong. He tried explaining to me that you have to hold them for 3 seconds so I made a video for him showing him that I did I also let him know that I had these things running for a little while messing with them before I put them on the charger so I knew how to do it it's not rocket science. I directed him with link to this forum because i said one other guy has same issue with one of his. He did say he will replace them i just wanted to try to get it figured out before going that route :( sucksssss

So i got a hold of firehouse he has said he has never seen this behaviour. So im not sure whats going on. Problems started after charging and not on 5 watt charging bricks etc. All i get is a quick flash off charger anyways I used a laptop and a 1.5 w brick so that isnt the issue. The weird thing with all of this is when i plug them into charger then turn them on (on charger) i can then take them off of charger and strobes will stay on. Once i cycle thru lights thats it... it shuts off and if i want to turn them back on i would have to hook back up to charger. Obviously something is wrong. He tried explaining to me that you have to hold them for 3 seconds so I made a video for him showing him that I did I also let him know that I had these things running for a little while messing with them before I put them on the charger so I knew how to do it it's not rocket science. I directed him with link to this forum because i said one other guy has same issue with one of his. He did say he will replace them i just wanted to try to get it figured out before going that route :( sucksssss
I can start mine while connected to the charger. As soon as I unplug it, it stops.

I mount two ArcII’s back to back with velcro on top of my drone, and can see it very well for the beacons stick up. No more in camera flashes like when I had them on the front arms. Velcro works great for attaching these to a Mavic.

When I change mine I only have a single LED light up constant. I have flown them for > 12 hours, and put on charge for 90-120 min after each flight. They work as advertised, but I always wonder if they are charging. Have used direct USB with cable provided for them by FT. Drives me nuts! But as long as they function properly otherwise I’ll live with it. I have emailed FT about it to see if I’m doing something wrong and to request the send instructions and post a video demonstration of proper behavior.
But mine are working for flight as stated above and all modes are functional.

Well firehouse is taking care of me. Seems like a really nice guy he said he read about the few issues here at mavicpilots (i linked him to this thread) and will be contacting factory. He is on top of it. Great customer service. And sure this small issue will be taken care of

Just received my 4 pack (2 white, 1 red, 1 green).
1 indicates charging but won't turn on
1 doesn't indicate full charge, does turn on
1 only indicates full charge, does turn on
1 works ok all around

Here's the reply I received when I emailed them :
" [email protected]> wrote:
Ken the charge indicator lights are for power only not status of charge, we were having issues with them readying properly and have gone to indicaotr only so the blink or solid is not the charge status, they have protective circuit so you cant overcharge and 1-2 hours on wall charger will fuill them to 100 %. Sorry for any confusion I know its still on the package but those are ordered in large qnty and we have not updated that info yet "

Waiting to hear if they're going to replace any of them.

Reactions: Thomas B
Yes they do ship to Canada.
Email them listing what you want and they will email an invoice back to you. Pay will PayPal and they will ship by post, typically within one working day.
From their website, they do not ship to Canada when filling out the order
But yes I did e-mail them. see my post #11, I already said exactly what you posted :)

Reactions: Ken K
Just received my 4 pack (2 white, 1 red, 1 green).
1 indicates charging but won't turn on
1 doesn't indicate full charge, does turn on
1 only indicates full charge, does turn on
1 works ok all around

Here's the reply I received when I emailed them :
" [email protected]> wrote:
Ken the charge indicator lights are for power only not status of charge, we were having issues with them readying properly and have gone to indicaotr only so the blink or solid is not the charge status, they have protective circuit so you cant overcharge and 1-2 hours on wall charger will fuill them to 100 %. Sorry for any confusion I know its still on the package but those are ordered in large qnty and we have not updated that info yet "

Waiting to hear if they're going to replace any of them.
They need to change their packaging.
It clearly says blinking is charging and solid when charged.

20190409_075744.jpeg

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters