DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered 2 ARC II lights with mounts

obviously they are not testing them prior to sending them out.

As per post 55 below it's probable that FHT is just a distributor, not that that matters, they still have to deal with it for customer satisfaction.
Shame a breakdown in QC somewhere (most likely China) can bring a biz reputation under scrutiny, possibly their whole range of products in the customers eyes.

Seems like a really nice guy he said he read about the few issues here at mavicpilots (i linked him to this thread) and will be contacting factory.

Reactions: Thomas B
I made some videos.

Am I doing something wrong on my end?

I made some videos of the issues.

The original lights.

Please bear in mind that this is their current state. It seems to change and they can work now and then.

So odd.

FHT is real helpful.
They are bummed out also.
I sent them these links and they are very grateful to see the videos.
He thinks it's a programming issue and had sent these videos to the factory.

More replacements coming.
Start tuned.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
FHT is real helpful.
They are bummed out also.
I sent them these links and they are very grateful to see the videos.
He thinks it's a programming issue and had sent these videos to the factory.

More replacements coming.
Start tuned.
Yep ted same exact symptoms i had. Fht was cool about once I sent him a link to the forum showing that another person was having the same issue he started to see that there was a problem because he said he had never heard of this before so maybe it's just a bad batch. Who knows he should take care of u. My 2 originals are duds. They want to work when they want to work..... the two Replacements that I got today so far have been okay. I have put them on the charger a few times and so far so good. They actually turn on when I hold the button down for three seconds ;) will keep you guys updated if that changes

Reactions: TedShred
I bought one of the white Arc II lights as well last week. It charges and would start up once i removed it from the charger but if you let it sit for a half hour or so it would not start again. I did a return thru Amazon and recieved a email from cold fusion telling me.

"Im sorry we are having an issue with a small amount of white and Im sorry yours is one we have sent out a new unit"

The next day i received a refund from Amazon instead. Not sure why that changed and they didn't send me one out.
I just bought a couple from firehouse directly as i really want to try them out. Hopefully they work after reading all this.

I bought one of the white Arc II lights as well last week. It charges and would start up once i removed it from the charger but if you let it sit for a half hour or so it would not start again. I did a return thru Amazon and recieved a email from cold fusion telling me.

"Im sorry we are having an issue with a small amount of white and Im sorry yours is one we have sent out a new unit"

The next day i received a refund from Amazon instead. Not sure why that changed and they didn't send me one out.
I just bought a couple from firehouse directly as i really want to try them out. Hopefully they work after reading all this.
Please let us all know.

Reactions: kendallqn
Ok so I just got home from lunch and low and behold they shipped me a replacement and refunded my money. Not sure why they would do both but I must say that is the best customer service I have ever seen or heard of. I will charge this one and let you know how it works. As well as the two others I bought when they arrive. As a side note, I am designing some mounts in solidworks for these that will face forward but also have a shield on the side facing the camera to block any stray light that might effect image quality. Ill let you all know how that goes after i print and test them.

FWIW: I got four white FH strobes from Mike S a month or so ago and while they do not blink while charging, (they are on steady,) all of them work as advertised without being connected to power.

FWIW: I got four white FH strobes from Mike S a month or so ago and while they do not blink while charging, (they are on steady,) all of them work as advertised without being connected to power.
That’s what mine do. Not as described on FH package, but works great so far.

That’s what mine do. Not as described on FH package, but works great so far.
Yea my replaced ones will blink a few times then go solid when i put them on charger.. i just let them charge for an hour and a half....so far so good

Yea my replaced ones will blink a few times then go solid when i put them on charger.. i just let them charge for an hour and a half....so far so good
FHT is sending me more lights. Great customer service.
My other lights are so intermittent they are rendered virtually useless.
They realize the issue.
Can't wait to try the new ones out!

I hope mine when they get here will be ok, reading through these posts worries me because I am in Canada and these come from FHT in the USA. I ordered on April 3, still waiting for them to arrive, fingers crossed they are good.

The replacement I received is working perfectly. It does the same thing all your others do. It flashes for a minute or so then turns solid white. Because of what i've read here I know to just let it charge for a couple hours anyway. For someone not reading these forums the package is going to be a problem. Now i'm just waiting on the other two.

The replacement I received is working perfectly. It does the same thing all your others do. It flashes for a minute or so then turns solid white. Because of what i've read here I know to just let it charge for a couple hours anyway. For someone not reading these forums the package is going to be a problem. Now i'm just waiting on the other two.

Thanks for updates on the replacements, I will email FHT and just ask if ok to order . . . will go check if the sale offers are still on ?
Yep, still on sale, good stuff.
Now to arrange my US delivery point and then get them picked up when brother goes over soon.

I received my second light today and it works flawlessly. As a side I spoke with the owner and he is on top of the problem. The ones going out now to customers are working correctly. With the way they treat there customers I would not hesitate to buy from them.

FHT is sending me more lights. Great customer service.
My other lights are so intermittent they are rendered virtually useless.
They realize the issue.
Can't wait to try the new ones out!
Let me know when u get them and how you make out...my replacements are still rockin ;)

Just got new lights from FHT.
I haven't tested them yet but I will say that their customer service is second to none.
I highly recommend this company.
They care about their customers.

They work! The replacements are working. Thanks again to FHT.

Sweet man good to hear...and yes good people over at fht

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S