DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered a Mini 2 as a step up from my SE

BillS

Reactions
Site
www.billswartwout.com
Ordered from Amazon last night - anticipated delivery ins Wednesday. Can't wait - but crossing my fingers because the price seemed too good to be true. Often "too good to be true" is not true.

I was going to order just the Mini 2 because the SE battery plus the new one would give me double the flight time I now have. However, there appeared to be a flash sale of something - I was able to order the Mini 2 Fly More package for less than the normal price of just the Mini 2. There was a (in red) 32% savings marked over the regular price - bringing the Fly More down to $405. My wife suggested I jump on it because that deal may not last. (She actually ordered for me because she uses an Amazon card which gives her 5% back on purchases.

Has anyone else seen anything thing like this - almost a pop-up sale on Amazon for that much of a discount?

The order did go through and the sale gone from the site three hours later when I checked. So, I'll be eager to see what happens. I'll follow up here if/when I get it.

I saw this sale also. I’m not ready to pull the trigger and I was also concerned they were not an authorized retailer (in case there was ever a warranty issue)…
As stated several hours later the “sale price” was gone.

• Wow
Reactions: BillS
I frequently see the Mini-1 Fly More Combo available on Amazon, and sometimes I do a double take on the price, before I realize it's the Mini-1, and not the Mini-2.

The Mini-2 is a great machine!

I did see it (mini2 fmc) on the Amazon canada site on the July prime day but when I went to order it about 15 minutes later it was sold out. Sold by Amazon and not a third party.

I have the mini2 already but thought it might be good as a backup and the extra Batts are always useful.

Yup, I've got my fingers crossed. If it arrives (if?) and it is not as shown it can go right back to Amazon. They are good that way. As far as warranty - I'll register it in my DJI account and purchase the CARE coverage. What else is cool is that my wife will get another $20 back in her Prime account.

amazon-order-screenshot-mini-web-sample.jpg

Reactions: mtbmatty
Just wanted to share that I also am in the process of upgrading from my Mini SE to Mini 2 :)
I saw a sale locally (South Africa) for a refurbished fly-more kit on the Mini 2 and decided to pull the trigger.
My son is very happy as he will now be taking over the Mini SE :)

#JustSharingMyJoy

Reactions: Mynah and BillS
Brief update on my order. Too good to be true? Maybe. Probably

It was stated as delivered Friday last week. But it was not delivered! So now Amazon has our $405 and a promise to have their vendor email us in two-three business days - about a refund. I do not want a refund I want the "deal" they offered. I chatted with Amazon last Saturday and thus far have heard nothing - today is the fourth business day with no contact. So tomorrow I'll try talking with Amazon - again. Grrrrrr...

We are leaving on a road trip the middle of next week and I really wanted to take the "better camera" Mini 2 with me.

On another note: I had a nice drone image print sale a couple days ago. That's three sales of prints from my Mini SE thus far. I've earned enough for the upgrade - so I am, at this point, quite disappointed in Amazon's vendor.

Reactions: timinator
I love my mini2. I tried the mini3 but after two units were defective I gave up on it. The price has since gone up for the 3 in Canada over the last few weeks by about $70 making my mini2 an even greater value. With 6 batteries including 3 from my first generation mini it's the best!

Brief update on my order. Too good to be true? Maybe. Probably

It was stated as delivered Friday last week. But it was not delivered! So now Amazon has our $405 and a promise to have their vendor email us in two-three business days - about a refund. I do not want a refund I want the "deal" they offered. I chatted with Amazon last Saturday and thus far have heard nothing - today is the fourth business day with no contact. So tomorrow I'll try talking with Amazon - again. Grrrrrr...

We are leaving on a road trip the middle of next week and I really wanted to take the "better camera" Mini 2 with me.

On another note: I had a nice drone image print sale a couple days ago. That's three sales of prints from my Mini SE thus far. I've earned enough for the upgrade - so I am, at this point, quite disappointed in Amazon's vendor.
Dang!! good news is you shouldn’t have trouble getting your money back, like you said I hope you get the drone that was a sweet deal…

I love my mini2. I tried the mini3 but after two units were defective I gave up on it. The price has since gone up for the 3 in Canada over the last few weeks by about $70 making my mini2 an even greater value. With 6 batteries including 3 from my first generation mini it's the best!
I don’t want to hijack this thread but what were the issues you had with the (2) mini 3’s that you returned??

First one (aircraft only)didn't seem to play well with my rc1n (same controller I use for mini2) and the second one (complete set with built in screen controller) had softness in the left 40% of each photo.

I liked the flight characteristics of the aircraft and got great range out of the new controller with built in screen but I just wasn't going to take a third chance with a defective unit. I may try again next spring.

Follow-up. Yup, if it's too good to be true it probably isn't true.

I followed up with Amazon (again) today. They give up on the non-delivery and are issuing a full refund to our method of payment. So I did lost out on the "sale" price or 32% off and, of course, am a bit disappointed. Amazon did make good - on what one of their third-party vendors did not.

So I just ordered a Mini 2 (just the drone, not Fly More) - sold by Amazon and shipped by Amazon. It will be delivered on Monday. I will register it and also buy the DJI Care/Refresh once it all checks out.

I am expecting it to fly exactly as I am used to with the Mini SE but I will be able to take advantage of the improved camera features. I am excited about that - because a few days ago I sold my third wall art photograph shot with my Mini SE. This one was a 36"x14" stretched canvas panorama of a nearby community.

Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear you missed out. The mini2 is a fabulous aircraft and you won't be disappointed. Glad to hear that you are making money from the SE. My Mini2 got paid for shooting a 72 storey condo being built nearby. I only had it a couple of months at that point and now a year later it has all been fun flying just about every week.

Just wanted to share that I also am in the process of upgrading from my Mini SE to Mini 2 :)
I saw a sale locally (South Africa) for a refurbished fly-more kit on the Mini 2 and decided to pull the trigger.
My son is very happy as he will now be taking over the Mini SE :)

#JustSharingMyJoy
Congrats, I've bought the Mini 2 Fly More refurb from Core (Mydrone) here in SA, it crashed within a week due to an IMU error and I then bought another from TakeAlot while the first one is in for repairs with Core.
Be sure to update the controller firmware and the drone firmware before flying it in case of malfunction so you have a valid warranty claim. I failed to do so with the first Mini 2 that crashed since I wanted to make use of Drone Hacks FCC so I don't think I have a chance of warrantee repair.
They ship with 01.03.0601 firmware which makes Drone Hacks possible. The second one displayed erratic controller 'signal lost' behavior, it disconnected and just sat there without activating RTH until I re-booted the controller and flew it back manually. I then updated the controller firmware as well and touch wood, everything is going smooth so far. The refurbs are a bargain. I bought a Mini refurb from Core a year ago and it is still going strong after more than 300kms of heavy flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet