DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just put my drone in the lake now I'm trying to find it need help

I also noticed it showed the last altitude as 43' hmmm

Not sure it is worth finding mine dropped into a river i recovered it but there was little that could be done to repair it
It was cheaper to buy a new one

Not sure it is worth finding mine dropped into a river i recovered it but there was little that could be done to repair it
It was cheaper to buy a new one
if you had gone for DJI refresh because you got the drone in your hand you could of sent it back and got a new or refurbished one for nothing or little cost your choice

I sent mine in for repair after dunking it in a river for a few minutes. Care Refresh had expired 7 days prior to the crash. DJI sold me a drone with no accessories (Mavic Pro) for about $650.

Following this thread with interest as one of my goals is shooting video around our lake. I wish I felt we had an idea as to why the OPs drone augured in. Is it likely this would not have happened had he not been in Sport mode?

Following this thread with interest as one of my goals is shooting video around our lake. I wish I felt we had an idea as to why the OPs drone augured in. Is it likely this would not have happened had he not been in Sport mode?
We haven't had the benefit of flight data to see what might have caused the crash but using Sport Mode is unlikely to have had any effect.

Sorry for your drone loss! Maybe try going into your flight records on go4 app and tap the button at the bottom to show your joystick inputs during the flight. I'm betting you were inputting some left stick down without noticing. Not as accurate as uploading flight data but will be an indication.

We haven't had the benefit of flight data to see what might have caused the crash but using Sport Mode is unlikely to have had any effect.

Just reading through this thread. Was really sorry to hear what happened to the OP’s drone. Felt that I had to mention that when I’ve flown over water and go into sports mode and floored the controller to full throttle almost every time I’ve done this the drone starts to steadily lose altitude! If I hadn’t been paying attention then the same fate would have occurred to my M2P.

Maybe flying close to water in sports mode is unstable? I don’t understand why the drone would start to lose altitude so quickly?

Hope you manage to get a replacement for a good price!

Maybe flying close to water in sports mode is unstable? I don’t understand why the drone would start to lose altitude so quickly?
SPort mode is quite stable wherever it is used.
We are lacking the recorded flight data which would show important information like how high was the drone above the water and what was the nature of the descent to the water.
Without the relevant information, there's nothing to indicate whether there was a problem with the drone or the pilot simply flew it into the water.

I have been reading a lot about people losing their drones in water.... Well I was doing a little surfing on the Internet and found this little Gem!
It is called GetterBack
So if you have DJI Refresh insurance and fly over water.....This give you a chance to retrieve your drone...under the right circumstances of course!
check this video out!

My short story goes like this... having a party, showing my brother how SPORT mode works, look away to chat for a few seconds full speed and yaw right... 80' straight into the lake.

So, party is winding down and Im kinda bummed. After checking the depth of the lake at the last known GPS location, the lake is 25-30' deep and FL lakes are not glacier clear to say the least. We have a couple really strong magnets (the kind you need a prybar to get released). But from what I have read there is very little metal in the Mavic 2, so I dont have much faith I'll find it. concidering the area I would have to cover.
After a good soaking at that depth, I don't believe it would be of much value even if I did happen to get lucky and find it.

I would like to thank everyone here on this site that go out of their way to help dumbasses like me.

I read all the stories of pilot error and wondered how silly you must be to let this happen to you.
Well folks add me to the barrel of monkeys;)

So my next question is... can I buy just the drone? I have everything but the M2Z and a batteryThumbswayup.
You could use this situation to buy a new M2Z with the smart controller.

SPort mode is quite stable wherever it is used.
We are lacking the recorded flight data which would show important information like how high was the drone above the water and what was the nature of the descent to the water.
Without the relevant information, there's nothing to indicate whether there was a problem with the drone or the pilot simply flew it into the water.
I dont think you are going to get to see those logs.

My short story goes like this... having a party, showing my brother how SPORT mode works, look away to chat for a few seconds full speed and yaw right... 80' straight into the lake.

So, party is winding down and Im kinda bummed. After checking the depth of the lake at the last known GPS location, the lake is 25-30' deep and FL lakes are not glacier clear to say the least. We have a couple really strong magnets (the kind you need a prybar to get released). But from what I have read there is very little metal in the Mavic 2, so I dont have much faith I'll find it. concidering the area I would have to cover.
After a good soaking at that depth, I don't believe it would be of much value even if I did happen to get lucky and find it.

I would like to thank everyone here on this site that go out of their way to help dumbasses like me.

I read all the stories of pilot error and wondered how silly you must be to let this happen to you.
Well folks add me to the barrel of monkeys;)

So my next question is... can I buy just the drone? I have everything but the M2Z and a batteryThumbswayup.

Was this a natural lake or phosphate pit? Most lakes in FL on average are around 15’ unless it’s okeechobee that was used for testing bombs by the military

Trying to get the log figured out... don’t have iTunes and am looking into something else thanks to another member here

So I have some time to mess with this and really want to share it for others to see just what happened. I have loaded iTunes in the PC and can see the files, is this what I need to upload?

crash.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos