DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just started a Drone Photography business in Woodstock, GA! New to the forum!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hope everyone is doing well! I wanted to give everyone a little info about myself and how I got into wanting to start a drone business in the first place.

My name is Jordan and I have been training in and teaching martial arts for about 21 years now and while that is my passion, I learned that I needed to do something to make a bit of extra money as well. I have always been interested in technology and I saw my friend flying his drone around one day and I saw the amazing images he was capturing! I bought a Mavic Air shortly after that and while I never did anything professionally with it, it started me on my path towards opening my own business.

I now have a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mavic Air 2 that I use for the business and I am of course certified under Part 107 and I am commercially insured.

Done some real estate shoots that include video and pictures and I also offer virtual tours!

Looking forward to seeing other people's posts on here about their experiences as well!
Hi Jordan, I saw your article and thought I would chime in too. I had been flying for about 5 years with the smaller drones, no cams or GPS and moved up within the last couple years to the better ones. I purchased a Mavic Pro 2 and now as of yesterday acquired a Mini Mavic to backup the pro. I have a website that lets people in Eastern Iowa know I am available for Real Estate Development, Inspections or Media Promotion but as yet have not gotten any serious prospects. The tough part is working full time about 50 hours a week and not having the time to get into my Drone Business seriously. I have a website: https:\\www.EvolutionDronesllc.com. Check it out and let me know what you think. Good luck with your venture and it sounds like you are already off to a good start.

Reactions: Steel63
Hope everyone is doing well! I wanted to give everyone a little info about myself and how I got into wanting to start a drone business in the first place.

My name is Jordan and I have been training in and teaching martial arts for about 21 years now and while that is my passion, I learned that I needed to do something to make a bit of extra money as well. I have always been interested in technology and I saw my friend flying his drone around one day and I saw the amazing images he was capturing! I bought a Mavic Air shortly after that and while I never did anything professionally with it, it started me on my path towards opening my own business.

I now have a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mavic Air 2 that I use for the business and I am of course certified under Part 107 and I am commercially insured.

Done some real estate shoots that include video and pictures and I also offer virtual tours!

Looking forward to seeing other people's posts on here about their experiences as well!
I’m in Powder Springs. I’ve been at this for about 6 years now with 40+ years photography. Serious question, are your Real Estate agents still expecting pics for peanuts? I’ve turned this market down so many times for the way they treat the industry. I didn’t get into an up and coming business to work my way to the bottom. But then I’m fortunate enough to be in the position to not have to.

I’m in Powder Springs. I’ve been at this for about 6 years now with 40+ years photography. Serious question, are your Real Estate agents still expecting pics for peanuts? I’ve turned this market down so many times for the way they treat the industry. I didn’t get into an up and coming business to work my way to the bottom. But then I’m fortunate enough to be in the position to not have to.
Pretty much. They don't want to pay more than $120 per shoot and that's with editing, photos, and videos. I make a short little video trailer for each house as well. I kind of figured that's how it would be when I was just getting started though since I am also still learning a lot of things.

Any input or advice that you have would always be appreciated as well! Sorry it took so long to get back to you!

Hi Jordan, I saw your article and thought I would chime in too. I had been flying for about 5 years with the smaller drones, no cams or GPS and moved up within the last couple years to the better ones. I purchased a Mavic Pro 2 and now as of yesterday acquired a Mini Mavic to backup the pro. I have a website that lets people in Eastern Iowa know I am available for Real Estate Development, Inspections or Media Promotion but as yet have not gotten any serious prospects. The tough part is working full time about 50 hours a week and not having the time to get into my Drone Business seriously. I have a website: https:\\www.EvolutionDronesllc.com. Check it out and let me know what you think. Good luck with your venture and it sounds like you are already off to a good start.
Thank you so much for your reply and I'm sorry I took so long to get back to you. Ive been pretty busy with a Martial Arts school that I teach for.

I have not had any serious requests in a while unfortunately. I am still on the grind and doing my best to figure out ways to advertise as well. I'm definitely going to check out you're site!

If you have any advice at all, I'm always looking to learn new things!

Pretty much. They don't want to pay more than $120 per shoot and that's with editing, photos, and videos. I make a short little video trailer for each house as well. I kind of figured that's how it would be when I was just getting started though since I am also still learning a lot of things.

Any input or advice that you have would always be appreciated as well! Sorry it took so long to get back to you!

$120 for the "whole package" seems very low. I'm sure you've done your research and that's what your market demands but that's LOW! We are in western NC (Smoky Mtns) and we get $125 just to show up on site. Granted we've built a brand and reputation over the course of many years but still that sounds really low.

I offer one bit of irony we encountered a few years ago. We went through a very in-depth and comprehensive Business Plan development process (we were already somewhat operational so the cart was ahead of the horse) which took about 6 months. During this process we learned our rates were LOWER than other surrounding areas (yet similar from an economic point of view) so we increased our rates to match those areas. We RAISED our prices and within 90days our business picked up not to mention our BOOKS looked better. Apparently our rates made us look like we weren't worthy or something. Higher Rates created more business (ironic) and more profit.

Don't be afraid to play with pricing and find out what "works" for your company and in your market.... you might be surprised.

I'm curious... what is your "short little video trailer" you for for each house? I'm curious to see what you do if you have an example you can link to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots