DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keep propellers on or off during transport?

If u let the prop always keep on the motor... How about the spring on each motor..? If it always push with the proppeler, i think that the spring will be weaker to hold on the proppeler, imagine pegas always press down by proppeler

Which one is better practice: keeping the propellers on or taking them off while transporting in a closed case with gentle foam cushion?
I keep them on. Off and on, I worry about wear and tear. It is also something else for me to do incorrectly just before a flight and have one fly off in flight.

If u let the prop always keep on the motor... How about the spring on each motor..? If it always push with the proppeler, i think that the spring will be weaker to hold on the proppeler, imagine pegas always press down by proppeler
I would not worry about the spring getting weaker being on. Modern metals, do not tend to have memory issues, so the spring will retain its original spec.

I have just replaced all my DJI M2 zoom props after about 40 flights, finding tares in the trailing edges of all of them. Two weeks later after only 3 flights one of them had also developed a slight tare. This can only have happened by sliding it in and out of the DJI bag as I found it quite easy to tare the blades with my fingers. Is this another reason for removing them after every flight for storage/transport?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest