DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Killer selfies. Never thought about it.

Former Member

Reactions
Driving in the car today, heard a news story about how many people die every year from taking selfies. Im thinking, "what the heck?"

Turns out that a bunch of people have fallen off cliffs, including the Grand Canyon, backing up to get the perfect shot. Other steep cliffs are the same, and others have died in traffic accidents.

What does this have to do with drones? Well, be careful where you step when you fly. If you are flying from a cliff face, and have goggles or Moverios on, best to sit down, or stay far from the cliff face. With the goggles on, its hard t know exactly where your feet are. Sometimes, if not always, its good to have a visual observer with you to keep his/her hand on your shoulder just to steady you and to also keep you aware of anything thats around you.

Last edited:
Driving in the car today, heard a news story about how many people die every year from taking selfies. Im thinking, "what the heck?"

Turns out that a bunch of people have fallen off cliffs, including the Grand Canyon, backing up to get the perfect shot. Other steep cliffs are the same, and others have died in traffic accidents.

What does this have to do with drones? Well, be careful where you step when you fly. If you are flying from a cliff face, and have goggles or Moverios on, best to sit down, or stay far from the cliff face. With the goggles on, its hard t know exactly where your feet are. Sometimes, if not always, its good to have a visual observer with you to keep his/her hand on your shoulder just to steady you and to also keep you aware of anything thats around you.
I always have this habit of landing my drone facing me! Yeah I know it's not proper, but I get the best selfies that way! :)

Stepped to the edge of a cliff to retrieve my drone from the air yesterday. It thought the cliff was a wall and refused to come any closer. I was very cautious and aware of my footing, but I can see how this might happen.

I had just talked with a photographer earlier about people falling off this particular cliff trying to get great shots of the water fall. I told him if my drone fell that would be bad...but better my drone than me!

dying to get a shot of the beautiful waterfall; thats as good a death as any
Dying trying to get a selfie of beautiful you and some watefall, that's God 3 beers in

I always have this habit of landing my drone facing me! Yeah I know it's not proper, but I get the best selfies that way! :)

just dont take off that way, you never know

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk