DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Korey took the Goggles apart !

I wish he would take apart the head band as well....would like to see the antennas and the battery packs...anyways, a great article none the less.

Great article, thanks for sharing the link.
I am really surprised as the level of optical engineering DJI put into these googles. Typically when engineers go to these lengths it's because they are trying to make the item more compact. I would love to see an interview with a DJI engineer and hear why they used this very unique method. I am sure that this level of design had some huge benefit versus using traditional methods. It's not size so I wonder what it is?

Rob

So the images on the left screen are different than those on the right screen? What I'm asking is they form the image differently as the Litchi VR mode, where the image is simply duplicated in both screens?

Reactions: dupuisdaddyo
Cool! Having seen what's inside, the price point doesn't seem so high (to me, my wife may have other opinions).

Reactions: YorkshirePaul
They look great but with all the hype about damage to your brain and body from overuse of mobile phones what's happening with these things stuck right around your head?
Just a thought.

They look great but with all the hype about damage to your brain and body from overuse of mobile phones what's happening with these things stuck right around your head?
Just a thought.

That's a good question!
I can only hope that the antennas in the head bands at least have a metal shield between the operators skull and the antenna. For FCC approval there are absorbtion charts that need to be followed, I assume they meet safe levels but then comes the question is safe safe enough.

Rob

His observations about the screens and mirrors are clearly explained with diagram on the DJI goggles website... He could have saved himself some headache trying to figure out how it works!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13