DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC Approval on Iphone - How does my smart controller I am able to fly?

Feather Ridge

Reactions
Clearly, today, I was in a restricted area within a mile from Asheville Airport. Tried to take off, (Mavic 2 pro) wouldn't allow me to. Asked if I wanted to request approval I said yes. Then, it said I needed and internet connection. Didn't have one. My phone was only one bar. I tried hotspot, no good.
Came home online, logged into Kitty Hawk, went through the motions and got approved...on my phone. Since my flight that I need to take is 45 minutes from home..and internet, I want to know if there are any steps I need to take in order that my DJI Smart Controller will know I have FAA approval on Sunday when I need to fly.
AT this point, if I look at Kittyhawk map, you can see a blue square where I asked to fly. How else can I tell if it has been approved...or has it already? I took a screen shot of the date and times, but noticed it says Eligible for Auto Approval.

DJI won't take support calls because of Covic. I'd be grateful for some help please. Thank you!

Clearly, today, I was in a restricted area within a mile from Asheville Airport. Tried to take off, (Mavic 2 pro) wouldn't allow me to. Asked if I wanted to request approval I said yes. Then, it said I needed and internet connection. Didn't have one. My phone was only one bar. I tried hotspot, no good.
Came home online, logged into Kitty Hawk, went through the motions and got approved...on my phone. Since my flight that I need to take is 45 minutes from home..and internet, I want to know if there are any steps I need to take in order that my DJI Smart Controller will know I have FAA approval on Sunday when I need to fly.
AT this point, if I look at Kittyhawk map, you can see a blue square where I asked to fly. How else can I tell if it has been approved...or has it already? I took a screen shot of the date and times, but noticed it says Eligible for Auto Approval.

DJI won't take support calls because of Covic. I'd be grateful for some help please. Thank you!
You have to get both LAANC authorization and then get DJI to unlock your bird by going to DJI Flysafe on a desktop computer before flight.

You’d then turn on the smart controller while connected to the internet and upload the unlock to the drone

I go into flysafe/self unlock. Enter everything and gives me an error: input serial number only contain alphanumeric characters. I input my Remote Controller SN 13MDG5E00100QF8583

every time I enter it and hit submit, after entering the days, it goes back to the above error. What am I doing wrong?

... input my Remote Controller SN 13MDG5E00100QF8583 every time I enter it and hit submit, after entering the days, it goes back to the above error. What am I doing wrong?
I commonly make the mistake of entering letter “O” when it should be a zero “0”, so that’s one thing you can check. But you seem to have typed a zero okay when displaying your S/N above.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique