DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC Rollout is Complete | What it's for and How to Use it

Now that the YouTube crash tonight is over, at least in my area, I'm also impressed this this video.

I appreciated his calm and well focused discussion of the concept of integration this LAANC system is designed to provide.

Having never run across his channel before, I've subscribed this evening and look forward to hearing more from him.

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
I appreciated his calm and well focused discussion of the concept of integration this LAANC system is designed to provide.

Having never run across his channel before, I've subscribed this evening and look forward to hearing more from him.

Newbie to Youtube, kinda. Exactly what you said. I also clicked on the "bell" so I get notified of new vids. I "assumed" that was part of the subscription process.

Now that the YouTube crash tonight is over, at least in my area, I'm also impressed this this video.

Hey thanks Elton! I appreciate the support.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Newbie to Youtube, kinda. Exactly what you said. I also clicked on the "bell" so I get notified of new vids. I "assumed" that was part of the subscription process.
Thank you Turn11. I really appreciate the sub. You did it right!

You did it right!
@Gadget Inspector You are the first person to mention clicking on the bell to get notified.
Good information, well presented.
I have subscribed to a couple of channels, besides yours, and they ask viewers to subscribe but no-one had mentioned clicking on the bell. I guess they "assumed".

Last edited:
Informative video. Where in the app, or other 'location' did you enter your contact information? Was it entered when you downloaded the app?

In Northwest Arkansas, LAANC is not yet operational. The Airmap advisories I read state that automated authorization is coming soon. So submitting a flight plan does not return authorization, or any message from LAANC. I/we are simply submitting a flight plan that goes into some data farm/cloud

Regarding LAANC, Airports/control towers have to opt in to the program, and apparently none in this area have, yet,

It amazes me that highly congested international airports such as those in San Francisco and San Jose, Ca. are already operational, but northwest Arkansas' with it's tiny little corporate airfields can't make it happen.

Informative video. Where in the app, or other 'location' did you enter your contact information? Was it entered when you downloaded the app?

In Northwest Arkansas, LAANC is not yet operational. The Airmap advisories I read state that automated authorization is coming soon. So submitting a flight plan does not return authorization, or any message from LAANC. I/we are simply submitting a flight plan that goes into some data farm/cloud

Regarding LAANC, Airports/control towers have to opt in to the program, and apparently none in this area have, yet,

It amazes me that highly congested international airports such as those in San Francisco and San Jose, Ca. are already operational, but northwest Arkansas' with it's tiny little corporate airfields can't make it happen.
That really surprises me. The FAA is done with the rollout, so I’m not sure if those few holdout airports will sign on. Seems like it would benefit them. You have to go into the settings to create an account and that’s where you enter your info. In the app click on the avatar/icon in the upper left corner and that will bring up the menu.

That really surprises me. The FAA is done with the rollout, so I’m not sure if those few holdout airports will sign on. Seems like it would benefit them. You have to go into the settings to create an account and that’s where you enter your info. In the app click on the avatar/icon in the upper left corner and that will bring up the menu.
Found it. thank you. Apparently, I entered the data sometime ago.
I'm told by locals responsible for LAANC that 2018 was a pilot of 500 facilities, and that all others would be online by the end of 2019. The remainder will be rolled out by quarters.
This area of the country control struggles with progress; especially if it requires relinquishing control, which is ironic because they would still be in control, but; ideally, not bothered by calls to the tower.
This area of the country is likely in the lower 25 percentile of drone adoption by the public. In the two years I've been flying a drone, I have only seen two other drones in the air, which I suspect is small compared to more metropolitan areas.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688