DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mycelium93

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you could help. I have been experiencing some really weak video signal, anytime I fly my drone to the 500m distance mark the image starts to break up and become extremely laggy, some times the image has completely cut out leaving me to RTH blindly, which is quite nerve racking.
When I first had the Mavic I was using a Sony Xperia. I thought that it would just be an issue with the android app as I have read that people have been getting similar issues. However I recently bought an IPhone 6+ and it seems to still be having the same issue, really laggy anywhere past the 500 mark. It's becoming really frustrating as I just can't trust the drone or my phone to do the job, as for one I don't know which one is causing it. Please can somebody help.

Much appreciated!
M

What are you describing as 'laggy'?
Do you get picture pixellation and break up?
Laggy sounds like delay and pausing.
It might help to turn off video cache on device, also using a known good data cable plugged in bottom USB rather than the supplied short flat thing seems to fix a lot of issues.

Reactions: Mycelium93
Yeah it's pixelated, sometimes the frame freezes for a few seconds, but it seems to sort itself out when I begin to fly back towards me.
Also this picture break up seems to be recorded too, so if I'm recording a video, the pixelation will show up in the video afterwards at the exact time I had the break up when I was flying, which is funny as I would have expected it to not affect the actual video but turns out it does.
Thanks for those pointers, I will do just that and let you know the results.

Reactions: baldflux
When you say the pixelation is recorded , do you see that in the video file of the SD or the recording that your phone does?
I had also pixelation on my screen, when the mavic was at a relatively large distance more than 1000m and then I tried to increase altitude (let's say from 30m to 70m or more) and then the pixelation was gone. But all these happened in video recorded by the phone, not in the SD.

I believe the signal reception was obstructed and when I gave it some altitude and it acquired a better signal which gave better video transmission.

You can also monitor the signal bars, if you see your signal bars reducing, then your pixelation must be related to the signal reception.

Please note that your signal's health is strongly related to your environment, the distance and any objects in between your controller and your mavic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mycelium93
I had the same until I stopped sending the video as I fly, cache it on the drone and upload it later, not sure of the technical terms so I hope that made sense. Seemed to be worse in high heat sunny days.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Hi guys Noob here so where is the settings for turning the cache off to phone

Wow! Turning the cache off really worked! Makes so much sense too! I was able to go much further, but still not as far as I would like, anytime past the 1500 mark I would begin to lose remote signal.
Also another issue that occurred was that the screen on my DJI app would just randomly go grey, it would stop sending the live image leaving me to return to home blindly. Does anyone know why this may be happening, whether it's and issue with the drone, phone, or merely the signal?

Thanks!

Turn off hardware decoding in go app..

Make sure your controller antennas are oriented correctly. Performance also changes depending on environment, so describing that would help finding out whether normal or not.

Mine is also breaking up and pixilation bad even at very short distance and it also records all the break up . I only got it 2 days ago , do you think it is faulty ?

Turn off hardware decoding in go app..

Why? With an iphone 6+ it can decode better with the hardware decoding on.

Turning off video Caching in the Mavic has possible draw backs. If you crash the drone far away you will have no video to give you a visual idea of where it ended up. Its something I always keep on because if something goes wrong I have a visual account of what happened.

Rob

Just found out it is my Samsung s6 that is the problem. I tried the galaxy A3 and perfect picture ,so looks like I am going to have to change phones. Does anyone use the HTC desire ?

Happend to when updated to 500 .so downgraded to 400 .problem solved

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada