DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing Pads

tbate54

Reactions
Has anyone bought one of the cheapish landing pads off eBay? If so, are they any good? I think they'd be useful at places like the beach...but just want to see if anyone has one and what they think of it. Thanks guys!

ebc8b2a1a0256a1f52120fec1d4e0fe9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: OleBoy
I am using one, but even more cheap. Just look for "foto reflector". I have placed some landing marks on its white surface, made by black tape. In addition I have made some bolts out of plastics profile for nailing it onto the ground to withstand wind and downwash.

I am using one, but even more cheap. Just look for "foto reflector". I have placed some landing marks on its white surface, made by black tape. In addition I have made some bolts out of plastics profile for nailing it onto the ground to withstand wind and downwash.
Is that all they are...reflectors used in photography? Can get those dirt cheap!

Mine works good but some times when the wind ripples the surface the sonic detectors on the bottom will tell me that it is an unsafe place to land. I just make sure it is centered and give full down command to land.

Reactions: tbate54
Has anyone bought one of the cheapish landing pads off eBay? If so, are they any good? I think they'd be useful at places like the beach...but just want to see if anyone has one and what they think of it. Thanks guys!

ebc8b2a1a0256a1f52120fec1d4e0fe9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using MavicPilots mobile app
This one is great. I have the larger diameter one for $16 on Amazon. Very sturdy metal rim and thick nylon that stays flat. Amazing for the price. Cheap, and folds up in a small pouch!

Reactions: Bad Drone
To answer the OP's question, I bought that exact landing pad off eBay for about $11. It took over 2 weeks to arrive from China, but I've had no issues. Well worth the $11, folds up nicely in the supplied carrying bag. I brought it to NY from CA with me last month and flew off the snow with it.

Reactions: tbate54
To answer the OP's question, I bought that exact landing pad off eBay for about $11. It took over 2 weeks to arrive from China, but I've had no issues. Well worth the $11, folds up nicely in the supplied carrying bag. I brought it to NY from CA with me last month and flew off the snow with it.
Does it have a bit of weight around the edges to keep it flat on the ground?

Is that all they are...reflectors used in photography?

The metal hoop of the one that is pictured may be a bit heavier than the ones I have seen for photography. But yes, they're basically the same. If it comes with stakes, that can be useful on soft ground, but then you have to be careful to push it all the way down or to not to land too close to an exposed stake.

I think these ready made pads look like a lot of fun, but to be honest I find catching the bird to be a rather painless afair, when no suitable landing pad is to be found.

Does it have a bit of weight around the edges to keep it flat on the ground?

It doesn't have much weight around the edges, it's just the metal ring that keeps the shape. I haven't had issues with the landing pad flying away or moving during take off/landing, but haven't flown in windy conditions with the landing pad yet. I say for $11, it does its job.

I think these ready made pads look like a lot of fun, but to be honest I find catching the bird to be a rather painless afair, when no suitable landing pad is to be found.

I just don't want to get my hands that close to moving razor blades.

I just don't want to get my hands that close to moving razor blades.

If your looking for a heavy duty well constructed Mavic landing mat look at the Bestem Aerial Mavic landing mat in Amazon.

I just got two Hoodman landing pads. Very nice. Highly recommend.

Reactions: Nigpd
Excuse my ignorance, what is the point of the landing pad? Is it just when you are taking off/landing on uneven surfaces or grass and sand? Yes I read the manual

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan