DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Laptop can't read Mini 3 Pro 4k video

Grey Hawk Photography

Reactions
I bought an M3C and a Mini 3 Pro. My laptop can read all the resolutions in pro mode from the M3C, but it can't read any pro mode files from the Mini 3 Pro. What could be the cause?

If anyone has any idea why this is happening, thank you in advance.

I bought an M3C and a Mini 3 Pro. My laptop can read all the resolutions in pro mode from the M3C, but it can't read any pro mode files from the Mini 3 Pro. What could be the cause?

If anyone has any idea why this is happening, thank you in advance.
Does it give any message that might be a clue?
What program are you using to view the videos?
Is the problem video using H265 compression maybe?

Does it give any message that might be a clue?
What program are you using to view the videos?
Is the problem video using H265 compression maybe?
It just says it cant read the file.

I'm using PowerDirector. I don't know if it's an H265 compression issue.

It just says it cant read the file.

I'm using PowerDirector. I don't know if it's an H265 compression issue.
That one program can't read the file, doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem with the file.
Try downloading VLC media player and see if that plays it.

Reactions: Brojon
As others have said it’s likely the H265 codec. Go into the camera settings on the mini and change it to H264 and see if that works. You will have to record some footage in H264 to try it out.

Chris

One more time, both are at H.264, one works, one don’t, but only on my PC, when using my Mac book both work great. Honestly don’t know what would happen if I switch to H.265, I only drone for my personal amusement so really don’t matter to me. I was just saying that oddly mavic 3 works, mini 3 didn’t, but I also heard that DJI is very Mac friendly.
My Phantom 4 pro never had this issue, nor my inspire 1 or 2 , just the mini 3 pro, but not on a Mac. ( I am not trying to sell Macs, just mentioning my observation)

One more time, both are at H.264, one works, one don’t, but only on my PC, when using my Mac book both work great. Honestly don’t know what would happen if I switch to H.265, I only drone for my personal amusement so really don’t matter to me. I was just saying that oddly mavic 3 works, mini 3 didn’t, but I also heard that DJI is very Mac friendly.
My Phantom 4 pro never had this issue, nor my inspire 1 or 2 , just the mini 3 pro, but not on a Mac. ( I am not trying to sell Macs, just mentioning my observation)
Sorry didn’t catch that (both H264). Must be a PC software issue.

Chris

but I also heard that DJI is very Mac friendly.
Although this gets suggested sometimes, it's just a myth.
DJI has no bias one way or the other.
Post a 10-20 second example of a video you are having a problem with and others might be able to identify the issue.
You'd have to upload it to dropbox or similar and post a link here.

Although this gets suggested sometimes, it's just a myth.
DJI has no bias one way or the other.
Post a 10-20 second example of a video you are having a problem with and others might be able to identify the issue.
You'd have to upload it to dropbox or similar and post a link here.
Here is one of the file.
Mini 3 Pro File

Here is one of the file.
Mini 3 Pro File
No problem on my PC with VLC.
Not trying to be a fanboi but I switched from Mac to PC back with Snow Leopard when Apple borked so many things like color management and file sharing.
Apple used to be the preeminent graphics machine but they've changed their focus to the academic and "creatives" market. They've also been getting increasingly restrictive with the OS to the point where you have to jump through hoops to install apps outside the Appstore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_