DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

largest thumb drive supported

redserv

Reactions
hi guys I will be travelling soon and have a couple of SD cards. However after flight sessions I will like to dumb my footage of the sd cards unto a thumb drive via the crystal sky monitor. does anyone know what's the largest size thumb drive can be supported by the cs 7.85 monitor? I am was also thinking if I can get a usb 3.0 to sata converter and backup my data on a ssd drive. please help if you guys can.

I recommend several SD cards of 64-128 size in the controller and the drone.... change when necessary. Makes it harder to lose footage.

Oh, sorry if my thread was not clear. I meant what is the largest USB thumb drive that the cs supports so I can copy my footage from the drone to the thumb drive using the cs monitor

Android supports large drive formats, in theory anything exFAT/Fat32/EXT3/4 supports should work as OTG storage, I've plugged 128gb drives into various Android devices before without issue. I'll try in the SC when I'm back at the desk.

As for the CS I'm not sure what Android version it's running if lower than 6 then some devices limited to 32gb

Android supports large drive formats, in theory anything exFAT/Fat32/EXT3/4 supports should work as OTG storage, I've plugged 128gb drives into various Android devices before without issue. I'll try in the SC when I'm back at the desk.

As for the CS I'm not sure what Android version it's running if lower than 6 then some devices limited to 32gb
Thank you charlas, appreciate your input on this. I will like to buy a 128GB for backing up my footage. Really need to know if anyone has tried a thumb drive that large. Thanks again

Thank you charlas, appreciate your input on this. I will like to buy a 128GB for backing up my footage. Really need to know if anyone has tried a thumb drive that large. Thanks again
Just plugged a 128 into the smart controller and it works just fine (formatted to ext/4) and 64gb EXFAT works too. But the SC is android 7, so just make sure what the crystal sky is running, as know older android was limited in its use on some devices.

Just plugged a 128 into the smart controller and it works just fine (formatted to ext/4) and 64gb EXFAT works too. But the SC is android 7, so just make sure what the crystal sky is running, as know older android was limited in its use on some devices.
Thank you again charlas, appreciate you taking the time to help. I will take a look at the cs monitor and see if I can determine what version of Android it's running with the latest firmware before I make the purchase.

SD card won't have to be that great as the video will be a lower quality than from the SD card in the drone. Flight records etc don't use much space.

Oh, sorry if my thread was not clear. I meant what is the largest USB thumb drive that the cs supports so I can copy my footage from the drone to the thumb drive using the cs monitor
It was, but he was suggesting to NOT use a large thumbdrive but multiple small cards instead, becasue if your single drive fails you lost your entire trip. If one SD fails you only lost that one.

hi guys I will be travelling soon and have a couple of SD cards. However after flight sessions I will like to dumb my footage of the sd cards unto a thumb drive via the crystal sky monitor. does anyone know what's the largest size thumb drive can be supported by the cs 7.85 monitor? I am was also thinking if I can get a usb 3.0 to sata converter and backup my data on a ssd drive. please help if you guys can.
Western Digital makes a thing called "My Passport Wireless SSD". Amazon, of course, sells them. They come in different capacities. They have an SD card reader built in and can be controlled by your phone or tablet wirelessly. I think it's the ideal way to save your videos while on a trip. Of course the micro SD card from the drone would have to be put in an SD card adapter to work with the device, but those almost alway come with the micro SD cards anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711