DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Las Vegas Airport - Drone Flying Over Plane

that was no drone. What drone flips like that? clearly a fixed wing plane of some sort by the maneuvers it made.

It actually dove into a loop as the plane went under it from what it looks like

Last edited:
You know it's not going to be too much longer before some bozo hits a passenger plane.....

Then no one will have that predicament of whether they should by the Air now or wait for MP2.

Reactions: coop64 and kakao
Just like after a few people got shot with guns, no one can have guns now?
It wont be a disaster I can assure you.
if a drone hits a passenger plane, It will be big news. It isnt going to bring the plane crashing down.
It is very stupid what this person did. But a cool video.

But I still say it was filmed with an RC plane and not a drone. The footage looks just like some I have seen from a foam sonicmodel a friend had. Even the roll at the end.

So you think the "man" will go door to door collecting the millions of drones that are out there? Maybe even raid hobby stores for all the parts to make them?
I think not.
It is already against the law to fly that close to airports. Just like its against the law to shoot someone. There has always been idiots, there will always be idiots.
Every time some new tech comes out the idiots find new ways to amaze me.
The tide pods thing still baffles me.

It will be a disaster for responsible drone pilots, I can assure you.

A drone hits a passenger plane most likely won't do anything.
If it happens once though, they sure as **** aren't going to chance it happening again.
What idiot law makers never fully realize, is that with or without harsh laws, people who fly like this will not be deterred. The laws just give the needed appearance that something is being done about it. They need to find this guy and bury him.

The problem it's not the potential damage to a commercial plane, but the public's perceived danger. And that will result in more restrictions, higher fines making the liability for most recreational drone pilots too prohibitive. The public already has a very negative perception of drones… they invade privacy, noise pollution, danger to children etc.

It will be a disaster for responsible drone pilots, I can assure you.

A drone hits a passenger plane most likely won't do anything.
If it happens once though, they sure as **** aren't going to chance it happening again.

If the right size drone gets sucked into an engine it most certainly could take a plane down.

If the right size drone gets sucked into an engine it most certainly could take a plane down.

Make it land quickly maybe, but unless its a flock of drones, not a chance of a crash.

Make it land quickly maybe, but unless its a flock of drones, not a chance of a crash.

BS, there is most certainly a chance of a crash, especially if the aircraft is taking off or landing.

What idiot law makers never fully realize, is that with or without harsh laws, people who fly like this will not be deterred. The laws just give the needed appearance that something is being done about it. They need to find this guy and bury him.
Well there is a name at about 10 seconds into the video at the top of the screen… If you go to YouTube you can find a channel of his with three videos and one of them is from a racing drone flying around playground posted in July of last year.

Reactions: CornerGuy
BS, there is most certainly a chance of a crash, especially if the aircraft is taking off or landing.

What ever. Geese will crash more planes than drones will this year, I'll make that prediction right now.

So you think the "man" will go door to door collecting the millions of drones that are out there? Maybe even raid hobby stores for all the parts to make them?
I think not.
It is already against the law to fly that close to airports. Just like its against the law to shoot someone. There has always been idiots, there will always be idiots.
Every time some new tech comes out the idiots find new ways to amaze me.
The tide pods thing still baffles me.

Which is why I said it will be a disaster for the responsible drone pilot.

They don't have to go door to door collecting drones.
If something like this happened, the pressures put on the likes of DJI to "lock down" the drone to the point of being useless would be massive and if DJI didn't comply, huge restrictions would be put on the selling of drones all in the interest of public safety.

Look now, people are saying they are not in NFZ's but can't take off because DJI class them being too close.

You are right, the idiots doing this won't suffer because they are already breaking the laws put in place so will do moronic things like this regardless.

If they change the laws so you can only fly in your garden, for example, it's game over unless you want to break the law like this idiot and keep risking prosecution.

It looks fake. The airplane just doesn't look right. I couldn't see an airport ahead. Passing that close behind such a big aircraft would create wake turbulence that could cause control issues. It's one of the reasons aircraft landing and taking off have such big separation. The roll at the end looks controlled and not the result of turbulence.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair