DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Las Vegas Airport - Drone Flying Over Plane

Until there is a body count, or at least one or two disfigurements caused by a drone, this is just another "Deflate Gate"
Keep in mind, we are talking about drones mostly weighing less than a pound.
If you had to make a choice about which to hit you at 30 miles an hour, would you pick a Mavic pro or this;View attachment 30342 View attachment 30342 broken-beer-glass_320.jpg

Until there is a body count, or at least one or two disfigurements caused by a drone, this is just another "Deflate Gate"
Keep in mind, we are talking about drones mostly weighing less than a pound.
If you had to make a choice about which to hit you at 30 miles an hour, would you pick a Mavic pro or this;View attachment 30342 View attachment 30342 View attachment 30343

Neither.

Sure a broken glass or geese could cause a disaster too, but we are talking about idiots deliberately flying their drones over airports.

If these idiots weren't doing it, it wouldn't even be a possibilty that drones hitting planes could cause "body counts or at least one or two disfigurements".

Why take that chance?

Tell that to the idiots. If you think you can get through to them. I think you'll just waste your breath.
No matter how many times people post these reports, it isnt going to change a thing here, MOST of us agree its not a good idea. Maybe leave some tracks in the firmware modders threads? I bet thats where the idiots lurk..... :D

It looks fake. The airplane just doesn't look right. I couldn't see an airport ahead. Passing that close behind such a big aircraft would create wake turbulence that could cause control issues. It's one of the reasons aircraft landing and taking off have such big separation. The roll at the end looks controlled and not the result of turbulence.
Indeed they do create a massive wake. With that being said, it does take some time for the wake to actually reach the drone. You could easily fly away from the wake.

Indeed they do create a massive wake. With that being said, it does take some time for the wake to actually reach the drone. You could easily fly away from the wake.

I agree with this, I was flying over a lake here in AZ when the park service was flying those C130 type planes. I believe they drop fish to stock the lake and it came in very low to the water. I was above it and was able to get out of the way before I got stuck in its wash, a couple RC sea planes took a hit though because they were flying pretty low I don't mean they stuck the plane, they got hit by the wash. They float so they were all able to recover them. We had our backs towards where the plane came from so we had no warning. Just after the plane came, a deputy came to warn us that a plane was going to fly through in about 20 minutes... lol... I was wondering why no boats were on the lake..

Reactions: kentfin
It looks fake. The airplane just doesn't look right. I couldn't see an airport ahead
Look at Google earth. The idiot was approximately 3.4 miles out in the approach path of Mc Carren runway 25R.

LAS_25R.jpg

Reactions: BerndM
The wake actually rolls outwards from each wingtip and descends. He was above the airliner, not below it.
I thought that after it passed the drone rolled and descended which would have put it into turbulent air displaced by the jet. Even if it wasn't in the wing generated turbulence, the body is still displacing a lot of air that will overwhelming a 500g drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 787steve
Look at Google earth. The idiot was approximately 3.4 miles out in the approach path of Mc Carren runway 25R.

View attachment 30349
I was saying I couldn't see an airport in video. But also the angle of the aircraft looked wrong. It appeared very flat (nose level) for something that was about to land.

If you see the video from the start he took off as the plane was approaching and then rolled over it and landed.
Ah...thanks for posting the full video. That surely looks like an FPV quad

I was saying I couldn't see an airport in video. But also the angle of the aircraft looked wrong. It appeared very flat (nose level) for something that was about to land.

The normal pitch attitude for an airliner on the final segment of approach is about 2.5 degrees nose up.
That's pretty flat.

I was definately real and most likely a custom racing quad. I've built several of this type and yes they can roll, flip etc with no restrictions in altitude.

It appears to me that this was a planned flight based on the timing of everything. This type of quad making a flight like that would only have a 3 to 4 minute battery life at best.

that was no drone. What drone flips like that?
Any FPV/freestyle quad. You have absolutely no idea.

That will also show you the level of precision a good pilot can have...

I thought that after it passed the drone rolled and descended which would have put it into turbulent air displaced by the jet. Even if it wasn't in the wing generated turbulence, the body is still displeasing a lot of air that will overwhelming a 500g drone.

With a well tuned quad you will not notice the slightest bump even behind an A380.

Last edited:
That plane is moving at least 150mph, maybe as much as 200mph. The drone seems to be moving much faster than the plane. I'm not buying it.

Kilrah, It seems you have all the tools, all the tricks, and a little to intimate knowledge of flying around commercial aircraft. Lets see some of your video, or have we already? :D

Any FPV/freestyle quad. You have absolutely no idea.

That will also show you the level of precision a good pilot can have...

With a well tuned quad you will not notice the slightest bump even behind an A380.

that was no drone. What drone flips like that? clearly a fixed wing plane of some sort by the maneuvers it made.

It actually dove into a loop as the plane went under it from what it looks like
What?! Ahahaha! That is what drones do best, they flip and roll. geezus. Do a little youtube research.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa