DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest Firmware Stops at 47% and will not install

robwas

Reactions
I wondered if anyone has ever encountered a firmware update that simply will not transmit to the craft. It downloads successfully but when it tries to apply it on 3 different devices (including my computer and the DJI assistant 2) just stops at 47% every time. I would think there's a way to factory reset things and start anew but I see no option for that in assistant despite some tutorials showing this option. I wonder why DJI would remove it? I contacted DJI support and their only answer was to send the drone in for service, since I bought it only 2 weeks ago on amazon I'll likely just authorize an exchange there but what a lousy experience.

Maybe we should really think twice before doing firmware updates :(

Yes we do think twice and some times 3 times as they are tricky and sometimes require a very detailed approach.

You might want to detail in what update for what drone for what controller as you may be missing some steps in your approach.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water

Yes we do think twice and some times 3 times as they are tricky and sometimes require a very detailed approach.

You might want to detail in what update for what drone for what controller as you may be missing some steps in your approach.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water
The drone is the Mavic Air 2 with the supplied controller I got in the fly more package. My current firmware is V01.00.0460 and I am trying to upgrade to V01.00.0511 (2020-12-27). The file downloads fine but when it goes to "transmitting" it starts at 40%, goes to 47% then just hangs there indefinitely, I even let it hang for an hour but then the battery started to die. I have tried restarting everything, removing my memory card, using 2 different android devices and also have tried updating with my Mac using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, so far nothing has worked.

The drone is the Mavic Air 2 with the supplied controller I got in the fly more package. My current firmware is V01.00.0460 and I am trying to upgrade to V01.00.0511 (2020-12-27). The file downloads fine but when it goes to "transmitting" it starts at 40%, goes to 47% then just hangs there indefinitely, I even let it hang for an hour but then the battery started to die. I have tried restarting everything, removing my memory card, using 2 different android devices and also have tried updating with my Mac using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, so far nothing has worked.

Try turning off the Wifi on the controller ?

Try turning off the Wifi on the controller ?
I don't think my controller has any wifi toggle options but the way I'm hooked up doing it with the Mavic assistant it shouldn't matter because my controller isn't even turned on or a part of the equation. Here's a quick video.

You might want to try this set up where the the controller is on.

View attachment 120290
Thanks for the suggestion but that's what I originally tried, several times and I even tried a tablet that had the software. All 3 options seem to just stop at 47%. I've done firmware updates in the past right from the fly app and they were painless, this is a first.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Thanks for the suggestion but that's what I originally tried, several times and I even tried a tablet that had the software. All 3 options seem to just stop at 47%. I've done firmware updates in the past right from the fly app and they were painless, this is a first.

I just had to do this with the Smart Controller :
These are the steps I had to follow.

One noticeable difference is that I was updating the Controller to get the Firmware update and not the Drone.

Screenshot 12-28-2020 22.38.59.jpg

This is what shows for the Air 2 with the Stock Controller ,

Last edited:
If you have a Android device you must have version 1.2.2 for the latest firmware for the aircraft. The Google play store does not have version 1.2.2 app yet. However you can go to the DJI website and download the apk directly from their website. Or wait until the Google play store has the app. People need to remember that Apple versus Android released apps are different and come out at a different time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spludge