DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest update

Seems I'm stalled at 99% using Assistant to upgrade my Zoom.

Downloading is sitting at 99% for about 10 minutes. It is the .400 upgrade for the drone.

I'm afraid to interrupt the process for fear of bricking the darn thing.

I've not done this in a while but if I recall, it usually went reasonably fast.

edited to add: failed. Says battery is not sufficient. It was 3/4 when I started. Darn batteries - don't overcharge them, don't keep them too full. Don't allow to low. Then you start an upgrade and it fails since there's supposedly not enough charge.

Will update this report once battery (batteries) are recharged. Hrumph!

Last edited:
well, that update was a bit longer than usual for me too, done via assistant it took about of 7min or so. or may be closer to 10, not quite sure, i only noticed it was longer then a previous one.

well, that update was a bit longer than usual for me too, done via assistant it took about of 7min or so. or may be closer to 10, not quite sure, i only noticed it was longer then a previous one.
Well, with fully charged battery it is again stalled at 99% which went quickly. Probably been about 10 minutes. Will leave it alone a bit longer.

While typing this reply - failed again. No reason given. Trying again - maybe 3rd time is the charm or 3 strikes you're out!

Seems to be progressing this time. Did the batteries need upgrading, too?

edited to add: finally worked but it did take time. Batteries were not upgraded this time.

Last edited:
Has anyone tested the Video Caption option? The SRT files were missing altitude in the previous firmware. You can visualize them here: DJI SRT Flight Data Viewer

If the files don't display properly you can send me a sample privately and I'll adapt the reader.

Thanks

Reactions: Former Member
Has anyone tested the Video Caption option? The SRT files were missing altitude in the previous firmware. You can visualize them here: DJI SRT Flight Data Viewer

If the files don't display properly you can send me a sample privately and I'll adapt the reader.

Thanks
I'll ask: What are Video Caption options?

Where do you turn them on? Available on the Smart Controller?

edited to add: I went to your Visualize page - how do you scroll around that page? Sometimes my cursor keys work and sometimes not. Mouse does not seem to work.

Last edited:
I'll ask: What are Video Caption options?

Where do you turn them on? Available on the Smart Controller?

edited to add: I went to your Visualize page - how do you scroll around that page? Sometimes my cursor keys work and sometimes not. Mouse does not seem to work.

Under the camera settings you can enable the option "Video Caption", which creates an SRT (subtitles) file alongside your video file. It contains data about the camera settings and GPS position, which you can visualize or convert to other formats in my page. You're the first one to report scrolling problems. The mouse wheel works fine for me. There's not much to scroll though, you'll just see some info on what the page does.

Reactions: ff22
btw i just noticed, in the xmp photo data it shows altitude correctly now, in the GPS section. may be it was mentioned in the update details, but i did not notice it. nice.

btw i just noticed, in the xmp photo data it shows altitude correctly now, in the GPS section. may be it was mentioned in the update details, but i did not notice it. nice.

How did you establish that it's correct? Even the barometric altitude MSL will be correct in the right atmospheric conditions.

How did you establish that it's correct? Even the barometric altitude MSL will be correct in the right atmospheric conditions.

by the fact that in previous photos this param was equal to 0. :)
photo i took was at the 90m altitude, according to GO4 app, but photo shows 82m. it is still close enough and definitely an improvement compared to 0 i had there before.

by the fact that in previous photos this param was equal to 0. :)
photo i took was at the 90m altitude, according to GO4 app, but photo shows 82m. it is still close enough and definitely an improvement compared to 0 i had there before.

The value of zero in the GPS altitude field occurs when the barometric altitude is less than zero. If the barometric altitude is above zero then it populates the field with the value. It's not fixed.

The value of zero in the GPS altitude field occurs when the barometric altitude is less than zero. If the barometric altitude is above zero then it populates the field with the value. It's not fixed.
dunno, you may be right. ok. i looked more at my previous shots and indeed some show 0 and some actually show data. odd.

i took 4 shots today as i tested it after update - one at 30m or so, and then several at 90m - all have altitudes in it, and all are more or less accurate. several old ones were consistently at 0 when taken at 30-50m levels. was it during low pressure days? dunno. it should not be such a factor at 30m altitude, i would think?

Last edited:
dunno, i have plenty of shots taken from the nearby field, almost all above 50m altitudes, and in all i see -0.00m data in the xmp data. not a single one has values. after last update all photos i have show something there, and it is pretty close to correct altitude, more or less.

When you see 0 in that field the EXIF should look something like this:

Absolute Altitude : -76.69
Relative Altitude : +31.60​
GPS Altitude Ref : Below Sea Level
GPS Altitude : 0 m Above Sea Level

When that field has a non-zero number it should look like this:

Absolute Altitude : +2849.93​
Relative Altitude : +73.00​
GPS Altitude Ref : Above Sea Level
GPS Altitude : 2849.9 m Above Sea Level​

When you see 0 in that field the EXIF should look something like this:

Absolute Altitude : -76.69
Relative Altitude : +31.60​
GPS Altitude Ref : Below Sea Level
GPS Altitude : 0 m Above Sea Level

When that field has a non-zero number it should look like this:

Absolute Altitude : +2849.93​
Relative Altitude : +73.00​
GPS Altitude Ref : Above Sea Level
GPS Altitude : 2849.9 m Above Sea Level​
i see what you saying - the 'relative altitude' field is one with a correct value. i guess i never bothered to pay much attention to that value.

on old one from above -
<dc:format>image/tiff</dc:format>
<drone-dji:Latitude>+42.2805583</drone-dji:Latitude>
<drone-dji:Longitude>-71.3418916</drone-dji:Longitude>
<drone-dji:AbsoluteAltitude>-42.75</drone-dji:AbsoluteAltitude>
<drone-dji:RelativeAltitude>+22.60</drone-dji:RelativeAltitude>
<drone-dji:GimbalRollDegree>+0.00</drone-dji:GimbalRollDegree>
<drone-dji:GimbalYawDegree>+100.30</drone-dji:GimbalYawDegree>
<drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>+0.00</drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>
<drone-dji:FlightRollDegree>+0.50</drone-dji:FlightRollDegree>
<drone-dji:FlightYawDegree>+99.70</drone-dji:FlightYawDegree>
<drone-dji:FlightPitchDegree>+8.90</drone-dji:FlightPitchDegree>
<drone-dji:CamReverse>0</drone-dji:CamReverse>
<drone-dji:GimbalReverse>0</drone-dji:GimbalReverse>
<drone-dji:SelfData>DJI Self data</drone-dji:SelfData>

and recent one, with 16m, now:
<drone-dji:GpsLatitude>+42.2807024</drone-dji:GpsLatitude>
<drone-dji:GpsLongitude>-71.3444691</drone-dji:GpsLongitude>
<drone-dji:AbsoluteAltitude>+16.38</drone-dji:AbsoluteAltitude>
<drone-dji:RelativeAltitude>+14.60</drone-dji:RelativeAltitude>
<drone-dji:GimbalYawDegree>-20.80</drone-dji:GimbalYawDegree>
<drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>-0.90</drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>
<drone-dji:FlightRollDegree>-0.40</drone-dji:FlightRollDegree>
<drone-dji:FlightYawDegree>-26.50</drone-dji:FlightYawDegree>
<drone-dji:FlightPitchDegree>+0.10</drone-dji:FlightPitchDegree>

i see what you saying - the 'relative altitude' field is one with a correct value. i guess i never bothered to pay much attention to that value.

on old one from above -
<drone-dji:Latitude>+42.2805583</drone-dji:Latitude>
<drone-dji:Longitude>-71.3418916</drone-dji:Longitude>
<drone-dji:AbsoluteAltitude>-42.75</drone-dji:AbsoluteAltitude>
<drone-dji:RelativeAltitude>+22.60</drone-dji:RelativeAltitude>
<drone-dji:GimbalYawDegree>+100.30</drone-dji:GimbalYawDegree>
<drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>+0.00</drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>
<drone-dji:FlightRollDegree>+0.50</drone-dji:FlightRollDegree>
<drone-dji:FlightYawDegree>+99.70</drone-dji:FlightYawDegree>
<drone-dji:FlightPitchDegree>+8.90</drone-dji:FlightPitchDegree>

and recent one, with 16m, now:
<drone-dji:GpsLatitude>+42.2807024</drone-dji:GpsLatitude>
<drone-dji:GpsLongitude>-71.3444691</drone-dji:GpsLongitude>
<drone-dji:AbsoluteAltitude>+16.38</drone-dji:AbsoluteAltitude>
<drone-dji:RelativeAltitude>+14.60</drone-dji:RelativeAltitude>
<drone-dji:GimbalYawDegree>-20.80</drone-dji:GimbalYawDegree>
<drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>-0.90</drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>
<drone-dji:FlightRollDegree>-0.40</drone-dji:FlightRollDegree>
<drone-dji:FlightYawDegree>-26.50</drone-dji:FlightYawDegree>
<drone-dji:FlightPitchDegree>+0.10</drone-dji:FlightPitchDegree>

Right - and note that in the one where it shows zero, the absolute altitude (barometric) is negative, while the one showing a GPS (not really GPS) altitude the absolute barometric altitude is positive. As I said - it's not fixed - you are just seeing the result of lower local atmospheric pressure giving a positive altitude MSL.

Did the latest M2 update with no problem. Now would like to try Android dual controller option but can't find the DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.16 . Got DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.14 but no dual controller option. Is this new Go 4 suppose to be out ? New ois app. is in the iapple store. DJI support only has DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.14. Anyone know whats up with this.?

Did the latest M2 update with no problem. Now would like to try Android dual controller option but can't find the DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.16 . Got DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.14 but no dual controller option. Is this new Go 4 suppose to be out ? New ois app. is in the iapple store. DJI support only has DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.14. Anyone know whats up with this.?
android versions are always a bit delayed, so, it is not out there yet.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405