Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
Overview:
Date: 2019.04.17
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.04.00
DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.16
DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.16

What’s New?
Added Dual Remote Controller mode (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 or later).
Fixed issue: in some photos, the GPS information displayed was incorrect when viewed on a computer.
Fixed issue: the gimbal acted abnormally after completing a QuickShot Rocket.

Notes:
Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
Please note that update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update.
If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry

Oh, bugger. At least I knew before heading out. Unpack the luggage, restart the drone, update drone and all three batteries ...

Edited to add: and a large "fly safe" update as well, here in the UK at least.

Overview:
Date: 2019.04.17
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.04.00
DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.16
DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.16

What’s New?
Added Dual Remote Controller mode (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 or later).
Fixed issue: in some photos, the GPS information displayed was incorrect when viewed on a computer.
Fixed issue: the gimbal acted abnormally after completing a QuickShot Rocket.

Notes:
Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
Please note that update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update.
If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry

Have you updated it yet? What was your experience?

Jake: Same here, 4.3.12 is the latest I can get. Aircraft updated with Assistant 2 v 2.07 and RC updated with Go4, no issues but you DO have to reset most of your important settings. RTH altitude, EXP's, Gimbal movement, etc.

Wet: I switched mine back to Imperial and it worked as it should. If you haven't tried shutting down Go4, restarting your mobile, and then re-try changing the units, give it a shot. If that doesn't work, I'd uninstall Go4 and re-install then try again.

Reactions: Former Member
My experience currently is that Apple AppStore don’t offer the latest version for download.
This is firmware, nothing to do with the app store.
Most of the time the app versions mentioned in the release notes aren't out yet.

Have you updated it yet? What was your experience?
I didn't know about the update until I arrived at a state park in front of the waterfall. I thought I would have to wait until I went home and used the assistant but the update came through right where I was though it took about 8 minutes.

Reactions: Former Member
This is firmware, nothing to do with the app store.
Most of the time the app versions mentioned in the release notes aren't out yet.

With all due respect, it mentioned the App DJI GO4 mandatory update to .16 - hence my notification here that I cannot update the app via AppStore (like others). I wasn’t talking at all about the Firmware :)

Thanks anyway.

Reactions: pme
Hey, is it true that the mandatory updates have to be done or the drone won't fly?

With all due respect, it mentioned the App DJI GO4 mandatory update to .16 - hence my notification here that I cannot update the app via AppStore (like others). I wasn’t talking at all about the Firmware :)

Thanks anyway.
It means you need that version of the app to use that one particular new feature of the new firmware, so you need the firmware in the first place. But that app version isn't out yet, so you just have to wait.

Does anyone know when the app version for iOS is set to update? Why put out a firmware that requires the app to be updated but not push the app update?! Thanks DJI!!!

Does anyone know when the app version for iOS is set to update? Why put out a firmware that requires the app to be updated but not push the app update?! Thanks DJI!!!

Can't you just go look in the app?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78