DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Lauterbrunen Base Jump to the Salamander for breath taking Drone Shots

PixelMagic

Reactions
Sharing this YouTube video of "Airborne Ben" making a breathtaking base jump to land on the Salamander rock formation. Drone footage from the Salamander rivals the thrilling footage of Karl Decker (Karlewski). While Karl gets more exercise than Ben, I'll bet Ben has a higher heart rate! ;)

Not sure what drone he used.

Mark

I spent 3 years as a profesional paraglider pilot and I think I’d rather climb that then try to land on it. . . I wonder what the climb goes at? It was key that he padded up knowing he had to make his final approach one way only into that up sloping side. That could force a down wind landing…coming in HOT! Notice his canopy did over fly him on touch down, meaning it was likely a no wind or tail wind Landing. Cool video for sure! Thanks for thinking of me! Got in a few extra heart beats. . . To his credit, the climb he did do all load with gear is quite respectable as well!

Sharing this YouTube video of "Airborne Ben" making a breathtaking base jump to land on the Salamander rock formation. Drone footage from the Salamander rivals the thrilling footage of Karl Decker (Karlewski). While Karl gets more exercise than Ben, I'll bet Ben has a higher heart rate! ;)

Mark
I think he has a death wish. Not for the faint of heart.

THAT was a terrific use of drone footage to help tell a story!! And the entire film was a high-quality production. Very, very well done -- thanks for sharing! (I miss climbing, sigh.)

Me being a WAY more risk averse person (never parachuted, no intention), would he have had a backup plan that if he didn't land on that ledge? Could he have kept parachuting to the floor of the valley if he couldn't stop? I can do planes and helicopters, but struggle with vertigo standing on anything high (buildings, mountain ledges etc).

Reactions: Prop Wash

Mark
Had me shaking, dude you are one crazy aldrenelen junkie. Got to hand it to you though it was awesome !!

Reactions: Prop Wash
I'm glad there are people like Ben who do these things to get awesome video. I am NOT one of those people. But I do like to watch what they do!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127