DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leaving control sticks in Mavic Mini controller installed in closed fly more case?

topilot

Reactions
I am wondering if it damages the control sticks or controller to leave them installed in controller in a closed case that comes with the fly more combo package. It would seem to me that to keep screwing them in and out eventually could cause issues with the threads. The case is semi hard so figure it might not crush down too much on the sticks in the closed position?

I am wondering if it damages the control sticks or controller to leave them installed in controller in a closed case that comes with the fly more combo package. It would seem to me that to keep screwing them in and out eventually could cause issues with the threads. The case is semi hard so figure it might not crush down too much on the sticks in the closed position?

I got a stick and screen guard for my M2P- it works very well. They immobilize the sticks so it protects them along with the spring loaded gimbal underneath them. There is no way for anything to bend or press down on them and you wont have to keep unscrewing the sticks and causing more stress to the gimbals for storage.This model isnt mine, but it looks just as good if not better:

Last edited:
i to looked at that option but the base of the case uses a molded construction as opposed to a dense foam used in my MPP case i was going to cut out the foam to lower the controller ,until i realised how it was made so its sticks off for now

Reactions: AMann
The ironic thing is...that was a selling point on the Mavic Air. I like it because you can stick it in the elastic sleeve on the M.A. hard case and It really make's a small package. However...I like not having to fiddle with the sticks on the Spark.

I'm leaving mine on. There seems to be plenty of room in the case--yes, the combo case. There are no marks occurring on the inside of the lid, so I'm thinking it's fine.

I also think taking the sticks off and putting them back on again is a bit tedious, so to enable leaving them on I cut off some of the case lining underneath, just to make sure. Fits like a glove.

It is annoying having that fumble around with the sticks. You'd have thought the case would have been designed to fit them just fine but noooo.

Reactions: DJake_2000
It is annoying having that fumble around with the sticks. You'd have thought the case would have been designed to fit them just fine but noooo.
i agree it would have been nice to be able to leave them on in the combo case it would seem that when they designed the case they used a controller without sticks to get the dimensions still we cant have everything i guess

I leave mine on, there is nice cutouts padding on the lid that prevent the joysticks from being crushed. Thanks DJI for finally designing a compact mavic case that holds everything and is easy to open and close. I keep batts in the battery hub separately and like its dual purpose.

Well I've just tested quite how badly the case presses on the sticks by putting a bit of flour on the tips of the sticks then closing the case. There are two big flour prints on the top of the case which then go off to one side where the case has clearly pushed them over so the case can shut. This is putting constant pressure on the controller and sticks and one knock on the top might damage the remote too much. I wont take that risk.

Well I've just tested quite how badly the case presses on the sticks by putting a bit of flour on the tips of the sticks then closing the case. There are two big flour prints on the top of the case which then go off to one side where the case has clearly pushed them over so the case can shut. This is putting constant pressure on the controller and sticks and one knock on the top might damage the remote too much. I wont take that risk.
Exactly. I myself plan on taking the case along on hiking / bikepacking trips where space is at a premium, so the drone will be packed pretty tight. Knowing that the lid does not - at least that easily - touch the sticks gives a bit more ease-of-mind to me.

It's not pretty gutting the case with a knife, but I'd rather use a functioning remote controller than marvel at the beauty of a bag's inner lining :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinblueline3