DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LED Head Lights Button Relocated after Firmware Update 11 Feb 18

Peter Ho

Reactions
To the people involved with firmware updates.

I sincerely thank you for the great work you are all doing towards the improvement of the software to enable us to fly safely. I know of the effort involved and the reason as to why some buttons had to be shifted.

However as users, in our haste to update, sometimes we miss the highlights towards the changes in every update.

In the recent update the LED highlights button seem to have shifted the camera setting side. This caused panic to a user who has to depend on manual guides to reset. I suddenly noticed that my red lights were not blinking anymore as this was a great guide to us to manipulate the craft when flying by sight.

May I put a suggestion - out there are great tutorials teaching us to fly which I had learnt from. But then these tutorials are outdated once a new firmware makes changes to the settings. It would be good to see a collaboration with dji and these great tutors. Dji can inform them of changes and so their tutorials can be updated.

When I was first learning to fly and changing the settings, I had a problem in the beginning as what was referred to in the tutorials were different from those setting I had on my screen. Then looking into the firmware version did I realize that the tutorials referred to were for earlier firmware versions which do not exist anymore as some of the newer firmware may have changed these settings.

Maybe DJI can post up a video tutorial to highlight changes made every time a new firmware props up.

thank you again.

Peter HO

Reactions: Zdude70

I sincerely thank you for the great work you are all doing towards the improvement of the software to enable us to fly safely. I know of the effort involved and the reason as to why some buttons had to be shifted.

However as users, in our haste to update, sometimes we miss the highlights towards the changes in every update.

In the recent update the LED highlights button seem to have shifted the camera setting side. This caused panic to a user who has to depend on manual guides to reset. I suddenly noticed that my red lights were not blinking anymore as this was a great guide to us to manipulate the craft when flying by sight.

May I put a suggestion - out there are great tutorials teaching us to fly which I had learnt from. But then these tutorials are outdated once a new firmware makes changes to the settings. It would be good to see a collaboration with dji and these great tutors. Dji can inform them of changes and so their tutorials can be updated.

When I was first learning to fly and changing the settings, I had a problem in the beginning as what was referred to in the tutorials were different from those setting I had on my screen. Then looking into the firmware version did I realize that the tutorials referred to were for earlier firmware versions which do not exist anymore as some of the newer firmware may have changed these settings.

Maybe DJI can post up a video tutorial to highlight changes made every time a new firmware props up.

thank you again.

Peter HO

This is a great post and well written.

Reactions: kakao
I wish DJI would send us an email alerting us that an update is available and what the changes are--similar to the update notifications we receive from Apple and Microsoft. What I hate the most is checking my MP for updates on one day and finding that my software is all up-to-date and then 12 Hours later going out with my MP and immediately being confronted with an urgent update message. I don't want to spend my time or battery life waiting for an update to complete when I am in the field.

thank you again.

Peter HO

You don't have to update in the field. Ignore it and update when you get home.
While that may be true, what happens if you don't do the update and then your MP starts acting crazy and crashes? Could not DJI claim that the crash was due to you not updating the software / firmware and refuse to honor DJI Care claiming it was a user error?

While that may be true, what happens if you don't do the update and then your MP starts acting crazy and crashes? Could not DJI claim that the crash was due to you not updating the software / firmware and refuse to honor DJI Care claiming it was a user error?
Well now - if you crash on a previous firmware...... Didn't DJI write that FW? Didn't they push that FW to thousands of drones which are running that FW? What if the bug you're worried about is actually in the newest (untested) FW? Wouldn't you rather take some control over your own existence, and not have to sit in the middle of a field or parking lot upgrading FW for 30 minutes or an hour? I haven't upgraded FW since last May or June... Haven't crashed yet. Hit ignore, and enjoy your drone.

Well now - if you crash on a previous firmware...... Didn't DJI write that FW? Didn't they push that FW to thousands of drones which are running that FW? What if the bug you're worried about is actually in the newest (untested) FW? Wouldn't you rather take some control over your own existence, and not have to sit in the middle of a field or parking lot upgrading FW for 30 minutes or an hour? I haven't upgraded FW since last May or June... Haven't crashed yet. Hit ignore, and enjoy your drone.
Very good points. Thanks. Appreciate the intellectual perspective.

Reactions: kakao
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista