DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Led light Challenge

Lutzdrone

Reactions
I want to Challenge you incredibly smart inventors on here to build some LED Strobe lights that look like they were made on the Mavic from the Factory. Very bright and rechargeable but built in plastic that matches the Mavic. Preferably pointing down for aiding flying at night. I like the lights in this picture but i dont want to just stick them on with tape. I bet you could make a lot of money.
f49cd465763d476d2c081cf536058854.jpg

Reactions: Arnie Mavic
I have that very strobe mounted on the back of the Mavic, just above the green light. Works great and helps with visibility, even during the day. No need to point it down, it's visible when pointed straight back.

I use heavy double lock tape so I can take it off to charge it. While flying, you can't see how it's mounted, and when packed up, I take it off anyway, so all that's visible is the black lock tape.

Reactions: Arnie Mavic
I have STROBON Cree mounts for the rear Mavic arms here (for those who don't want to use Velcro).

I can also make them in a matte black or matte light gray. It'll take an extra day or two for those colors since I don't normally keep them in stock. If you'd like either of those colors, please either PM me or email at [email protected] after you place your order.

Can tou match the color of the Mavic?
I cannot match it. However, I can print them in a matte gray or black. If you'd like either of those colors, please email me (or PM me here) after you place your order. It'll take a day or two extra to send out the other colors since I don't normally keep them in stock.

Here's the difference between white and gray (sorry, I don't have any black mounts in stock right now):

Cree-Mounts-White-vs-Gray.jpg

Here is what I did - my landing gear extenders were modified to fit the strobe light by dremeling out the front side. They already had a square-shaped cutout, which I enlarged to fit the leds. I positioned the strobe in there and angled it out a little so that I could still plug in a micro-usb for charging. Then I hot-glued it in place. I also added another strobe to the rear extender. Now I can remove the extenders with the strobes for charging and storage.

Reactions: Lutzdrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke