DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Led lights

Can those light up the ground pretty well from a couple feet away? I’m looking for something to be able to check ice fishing tip ups at night..

Cree leds are VERY BRIGHT. Well over 800 lumens. They will easily light up the ground from 20 feet away.

Reactions: Neebles
Can those light up the ground pretty well from a couple feet away? I’m looking for something to be able to check ice fishing tip ups at night..

I think the best light for that job would be the 1500 lumen , Lume Cubes, with 2 cubes mounted you will have 3000 lumens. as a comparison a dual car headlight on high beam produces 2400 lumens in a tighter focused beam. The other lights probably don't have enough power (small battery) for flying out and then seeing the tip ups

LumeCube | Portable, Durable, Powerful Lights for Photo and Video

Another user posted this on youtube showing the brightness

I normally only use one lume cube on the mavic but it can carry two

mavic legs 1 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• mavic legs 2 - Copy.jpg
    mavic legs 2 - Copy.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I think the best light for that job would be the 1500 lumen , Lume Cubes, with 2 cubes mounted you will have 3000 lumens. as a comparison a dual car headlight on high beam produces 2400 lumens in a tighter focused beam. The other lights probably don't have enough power (small battery) for flying out and then seeing the tip ups

LumeCube | Portable, Durable, Powerful Lights for Photo and Video

Another user posted this on youtube showing the brightness

I normally only use one lume cube on the mavic but it can carry two

View attachment 28035

Those are definitely cool, but a bit out of my price range for the use I will get out of them.

Those are definitely cool, but a bit out of my price range for the use I will get out of them.

Yes they are overkill if you want to make the AC visible in the sky, but if you want to use FPV and see where the drone is flying at night then they are brightest dedicated solution

I agree,
If you want to see your Mavic, you can choose the Cree or others, but if you need the light for seeing things on the ground you need high lumen lights, as the Lume cube, I had two high end Lume cube on my Inspire 2, and they work perfect.
But for high lumen light you must pay many bucks, like on an car, if you want more horse power it cost more bucks.

I will try the 2 Lume cub on my Mavic Platinum too,
I had order the special holder, and can’t way they arrived for testing

Speedy

I agree,
If you want to see your Mavic, you can choose the Cree or others, but if you need the light for seeing things on the ground you need high lumen lights, as the Lume cube, I had two high end Lume cube on my Inspire 2, and they work perfect.
But for high lumen light you must pay many bucks, like on an car, if you want more horse power it cost more bucks.

I will try the 2 Lume cub on my Mavic Platinum too,
I had order the special holder, and can’t way they arrived for testing

Speedy

You do realize that the Lume cube uses Cree LEDs?

For visibility of the drone while flying without a significant weight penalty, have a look at the Strobeon white cree lights, only 4 grams each

STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

I agree these are nice high quality LED's. I just installed some today on my Mavic Pro.

A little pricey maybe. Around $100 for 3 mounts and the three lights but since they are rechargeable by USB they should last a long time.

The only thing I don't like about them--and I'm sure it's me--it the color, which is beige, which doesn't go at all with the green Mavic Pro. I am going to change it to flat black. That way they will match the color of the blades. I'll get a can of flat black spray paint that is safe for plastic and see what I can do...

I am pretty sure no one actually kept on topic with the OP’s topic. I did a quick search on the forums for LED mods (modifications, not simply attaching accessories). In many mod worlds upgrading the LEDs is like the minimum mod people do for their watches, calculators, gaming consoles etc. I was personally interested in following any steps someone has shared on how they upgraded their internal LEDs to a brighter version. The OP’s idea of switch one of the reds to a green also piqued my interest. Are there no mod’ers in these forums?

Reactions: Geoseeker

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998