DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lens focus

Steelrfan85

Reactions
I have magic pro and I can’t get my camera to refocus. It was clear on the ground then I tilted the gimbal up for a sunset and it became blurry. After that even after bringing the gimbal down away from the sun, it stays blurry. Any thoughts?

I have magic pro and I can’t get my camera to refocus. It was clear on the ground then I tilted the gimbal up for a sunset and it became blurry. After that even after bringing the gimbal down away from the sun, it stays blurry. Any thoughts?
Based on my experience, MP and MPP lens can go on the blink in one instance. I simply landed, put in a new battery, and rebooted… never focused again. I had to replace it. Luckily it was at a time when they were cheap and plentiful. I also noticed some will have blurry areas. So I purchased about five of them to select the best one.
Who knows, maybe yours will correct itself. Mine never did, even after smacking it with a screw driver (I had nothing to lose.)

Last edited:
Did you tap on something well contrasted to focus again?
I tried reinstalling the lens after installing a new gimbal controller, new gimbal image cable, even a whole new MPP. It never worked again. Manual focus, auto focus, nothing worked. Just a highly blurred image.

What have you tried as far as troubleshooting goes? Have you rebooted? Have you tried using manual focus, and if so, did it make a difference? Have you taken a good look at the camera itself? Is there anything that looks physically wrong with it?

RadioFlyerMan's right that these cameras tend to be a bit flaky, but I'd put some effort into troubleshooting the problem before writing it off entirely. If you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. Yeah, your camera could be fubar, but it's more likely that there's some other minor issue going on, and it's probably a good idea to work under that assumption until you either fix the problem, or rule out other possible causes.

Reactions: JimSteadman
Having the camera fail is possible but very unlikely.

In this case it just seems the camera was in AF mode, when he shot the sunset it tried to AF and failed, and he didn't understand/know how to refocus.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe