DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Let me know what you think of this winter clip - DJI Mini 2

T.O.M.

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
DJI Mini 2 Cinematic footage: A Dutch Winter Day.
Showing you the Bossche Broek and surrounding area in 's-Hertogenbosch (the Netherlands) on a cold winter day in 2021.
What do you think? Are the shots too cold (color temp) and blue or do the fit the scenes and winter conditions?
The video is put together with some clips I shot at random so again no story line. I did pay extra attention to the waveform scope this time :)

I like it. When the clip had some warm colors in it, the cool parts didn't seem too blue. If there were no warm colors in a few clips it was very blue. Perhaps just a touch of warming in those clips. Just my personal view. Beautiful country. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: T.O.M.
Showing you the Bossche Broek and surrounding area in 's-Hertogenbosch (the Netherlands) on a cold winter day in 2021.
What do you think? Are the shots too cold (color temp) and blue or do the fit the scenes and winter conditions?
The video is put together with some clips I shot at random so again no story line. I did pay extra attention to the waveform scope this time :)

That was superb…..well done

Beautiful views and flying but I am seeing a flicker throughout the film.???Prop blades?

Dale

Beautiful views and flying but I am seeing a flicker throughout the film.???Prop blades?

Dale
Thanks for the response! Props are not visible in Mini 2 footage. Maybe not the best render settings. First time I used Shotcut and I found it harder to export smooth footage in Shotcut than in Davinci Resolve

My opinion and I've been shooting and editing video professional for well over 40 years is, the clips look fine. The sky is blue and when their is snow on the ground it will reflect some of that blue just as water does. When you're shooting straight down or toward the ground, you could warm it up a bit but, honestly, that's personal preference. Artistically you are correct, some people might say, blue, therefore cold. Nothing wrong with that if it's intentional.

Beautiful!

When I look at this I wonder what it would have taken to get this type of footage 25 years ago.

Beautiful!

When I look at this I wonder what it would have taken to get this type of footage 25 years ago.
I guess it would have taken at least a helicopter + pilot, cameraman + professional camera and studio for the editing. Now the requirements are: amateur with a drone and pc 😃

An excellent video. I think everything is a little dark. Maybe lighten it all and increase the contrast. I wish I could do something that excellent.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803