DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

let's go over MAVIC 2 Cases

I carry two extra props with me, but don't have any ND filters yet. I don't see there being any issues if you have some. Here's a few pictures of what I carry.

View attachment 57030View attachment 57031
Do you find it protect everything ok ?
I’m going to be putting it in a backpack hiking and wondering if I would be better to get a bag with the foam insert.

Here is my setup. I travel a lot for work on a military transport so I need the rugged case but I also wanted a smaller bag just for when I go out and fly.

20190113_114847.jpg
I got the Pelican 1450 and attached the Shoulder strap myself. This shoulder strap is normally meant for the Pelican Laptop cases. You can buy them separately on Amazon and then you just have to drill two holes.

20190113_115248.jpg
I got this size case because I wanted to put all my GoPro equipment in as well. The Gopro is under the grey microfiber cloth.

20190113_123649.jpg
I also made a tray out of the foam block so I was able to put some flat items on the bottom such as cables, extra props, the Gopro Headstrap Floaty and 550 chord that I use to secure the suction cup mount to a vehicle as a safety lanyard. I also sprayed the foam with Plasti Dip Rubberized Spray so that the foam doesn't split apart after a while.

20190113_025937.jpg

I managed to screen mirror my Galaxy S9 to this monitor. Here is the list of all the components for this set up. 1)Anker PowerCore II 20000, 2)Rerii Coiled Micro USB Cable Spring, 3)Cerrxian 9Inch Micro USB Cable Combo Left & Right Angle Micro USB, 4)Cerrxian 50cm 19.6inch High Speed Gold Plated Mini HDMI Left Angle Male to HDMI Male Cable, 5)Actiontec ScreenBeam Mini2 Wireless Display Receiver and 6)Eyoyo 13.3" inch Portable Gaming Monitor IPS Dual HDMI Display. I totally love this Eyoyo monitor. Its one of the few monitors I found that was only 1cm thick and had the HDMI inputs. The picture quality is also really good at 1080p. A lot of the other camera monitors were way too thick to fit into the lid of the case. I also used Scotch Reclosable Fasteners to attach all the components to the lid. These fasteners are strong and they are also quite thin with both sides attached unlike Velcro. The sticky backs are also very strong. The latency of the ScreenBeam and my Galaxy S9 is also very minimal.

20190113_114623.jpg

I decided to use this Orca Water Bottle bag because it looks quite inconspicuous than the expensive looking DJI bag which looks like it would hold something expensive in it. This Orca bag was the only one I could find that would fit the Mavic 2. I had a smaller water bottle bag for my Mavic 1.

20190113_114353.jpg

I had to make some foam inserts to safely store the extra battery, the Mavic 2 and the cases which hold filters. The remote fits nicely in the front pouch and the side pouch (sold separately) fits my custom made sun shade for my S9.

Attachments

• 20190113_114353.jpg
    20190113_114353.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
  • 20190113_114623.jpg
    20190113_114623.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
  • 20190113_114847.jpg
    20190113_114847.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 46
  • 20190113_115248.jpg
    20190113_115248.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
This bag has been discussed in this forum previously, but I have to say the Lowepro BP 250 is exactly what I was looking for. I have the fly more kit, the mav mount as well as extra cables, props, filters, etc... that fit perfectly without stuffing and cramming stuff in. I am a corporate pilot for a living and had planned on traveling with my new M2P as to take advantage of some of my overnights. I can fit my work iPad, which I use to fly the drone, as well as my laptop and all associated chargers and accessories. I actually got a great deal on this bag on amazon. I had originally looked at hard cases (I really have no need), and then at North Face backpacks to serve double duty for travel (maybe use some foam that I cut to secure the drone). This bag wound up being less expensive than both options, super convenient, and high quality.

Attachments

• IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0893.JPG
    IMG_0893.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
Reactions: ff22
Can anyone recommend a Pelican type of hard case that would hold the M2P along with three batteries but more importantly the Smart Controller please?

Really don’t like the ‘pick & pluck’ type of cases so looking for a moulded foam interior.

Not seen any as yet as the Smart Controller is kind of new...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Does anyone came across the low profile, two piece travel case for drone and controller only. Well, actually I see many options however all of them store the controller with joysticks on, which makes it thicker. I would like to store the controller with joysticks removed, hence the case should be pretty slim.

Does anyone came across the low profile, two piece travel case for drone and controller only. Well, actually I see many options however all of them store the controller with joysticks on, which makes it thicker. I would like to store the controller with joysticks removed, hence the case should be pretty slim.

I got these for under $20 for packing in my carry-on for the M2Pro. Fits the MP too.

4fc3cbfad7b18b39e5ed22d41dce6fd7.jpg

Hello. Do any of you have an Enterprise and a suitcase? I would be happy to receive your feedback.

I ask here for the TOMCase.... (sorry, I read this thread to late) :confused:

Hey bumper, one question:

How good is the quality on the latch?
The reason I have seen in other posts people complaining about the quality of their hard case latches? meaning they have broken.
No problems so far. I have a larger Pelican case with the standard swing down, push snap shut latch, pull to open. This one is an improvement, easier to open. It has a push button in the center of the latch that releases is. You still have to swing the latch up, but it's effortless - - pretty cool design. Hinge goes all the way across too. I don't think it's gonna break.

Cons (at least IMO) The opening for the Smart Controller is too snug, the foam rubs the screen and that's not good if there's dirt or whatever on it.. Some of the foam accessory pockets could be deeper and/or larger. All easily fixed, especially if you have a "multi-tool" and Dremel. A bread knife or electric kitchen knife also works well for cutting foam. I was able to enlarge the SC pocket to accept it with it's accessory protective cover on. Also modified other pockets to suit my needs. E.g. the extra prop slot is a waste - I made that bigger and deeper to accept the 12 volt car charger. Then I used a hole saw to make a new "vertical pocket" for extra props. The opening for the drone and batteries are fine.

I used the GPC case. Two layers holds everything and 5 batteries plus CSw/2batteties or SC in the second layer. Had it for a year.., strong hinges. Pics on the B&H website, but many places to buy, including direct from GPC.

What do u like over the GPC case versus the nanuk case?? I plan on buying a smart controller for my mavic 2 zoom, so my nanuk case will become obsolete and will need a new case...
I bought this one on ebay and it works great. They state it is waterproof material, it has perfectly formed insets inside that fits three batteries, my Mavic 2 Pro (and if I have one on the body then I have four batteries) and space pefectly formed for my Smart Controller plus charger and cables and can even have a large ipad fit in the top hard shell pocket area plus spare props, cables etc.

It's light weight and comfortable to wear as a back pack or use the top handle to carry it as a case. You can see the larger hole cutout for the larger S.C. when compared to the standard controller. The best part is that it only cost me $30.

Attachments

• IMG_6776.jpg
    IMG_6776.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6774.jpg
    IMG_6774.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6772.jpg
    IMG_6772.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6771.jpg
    IMG_6771.jpg