DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lg G6 connection trouble

x_stefano20

Reactions
Hi all ! Has anyone had problems after updating at Oreo ? android 8.0, DJIGO no longer connects to the drone !
Best regards

Me too. I tried to deactivate google assistant on home button and put it to none and it worked first time.I could connect dji go4 but after that it was the same problem.The only solution as I found so far is to downgrade android to previous version. Does anybody have other solution?

Same problem. Is there any other solution beside downgrading Android 8.0 to 7.0?

I had a G5 and it worked great. I upgraded to the G6 and it gets so hot that it won't run or connect to any the programs (Litchi, Dj go, Harmony)
I tried connecting to the USB on the bottom of the remote with the same issue. My last update on the phone was May 25 and it is Oreo... Flustered....

same probleme boys my lg g6 is having big issue to connect whit the mavic and evan if the app dji go 4 work after few try im loosing the buttom of my image pixaleted,dji should realy find a update for lg g6 new firmware. its desapointing for the price we pay.

Go back to an earlier version of the go4 app. You can find them with a Googlies search.
Another reason I have never updated anything with my AC, batteries, controller Go4 app, and my tablet. OInce stable and sweet, Airplane mode all the way, cell off, wifi off.
I decide when to call "home"....

DJI response
Hi Stefano,

Thank you for contacting DJI technical support.

I'm sorry if you are having issues with this telephone, LG G6 after bios update from 7 to 8 oreo with DJIGO4. Although, we appreciate that you brought this up. We will take this as a customers suggestion to improve our service.

You might consider using the below list of compatible devices.

iOS Version v4.2.12.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus.
Android Version v4.2.8.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8, Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a great day!
Thank you for your support of DJI.

Best Regards,

Nikki
DJI Customer Support

Just roll back the GO4 app to 4.2.14

Not a issue with Oreo. Does the same pixel mess for people with Android 6, 7, 8 and in between. GO4 app has a huge bug and I doubt they fix it anytime soon. It's Android. They don't seem to care.

It isn’t only pixel missing trouble! It doesn’t connect to the aircraft at All! Did you solve this issue with previous version you talked about?
Best regards!

It isn’t only pixel missing trouble! It doesn’t connect to the aircraft at All! Did you solve this issue with previous version you talked about?
Best regards!

Yes, when mine did not connect or became disconnected mid flight, I went to 4.2.14. So far so good. Works on many tablets of mine now.

What I had to do was save any cache files and photos on the device first. Sync records 1 more time if you need or want to. Then uninstall the app. Delete the DJI folders.
Install the 4.2.14 apk. At Google Play store, defeat the Go4 auto updating.

Connect RC middle usb port to device. Power up device and RC. Let it connect. Power up Mavic Pro. Should work

I have had zero problems with Litchi. Many firmware upgrades, some changes in my device mfgs updates. Litchi just works. GO App sucks these days.

DJI factory support forum, DJI Facebook, Google Play Store, Amazon reviews of late have been full of reports of bad video transmission. The thing most bragged about and selling point of Mavic Pro has now been tainted due to the GO4 app problems.

DJI only sends that silly list of product recommendations with a ton of very outdated and no longer sold products for Android. As if they made a random list based on specs. Just looking at the list makes me laugh. DJI is not in any hurry to fix this for Android either. They are hoping Android users just buy an Apple device. Many have, many will continue.

Last edited:
OK guys. I've finally found a way to make it work. It's not a solution, but method. It works for me, so please check does it work in your case too.

I Precautions
1. Upgrade RC & aircraft with DJI assistant (PC or MAC) to the newest firmware. I have the 01.04.0500
2. DJI GO clean install OR clear defaults (Settings -> Apps -> Dji go 4 -> Open by default -> click on button "Clear defaults")

II The method
1. Start the RC
2. Turn on the mavic (DO NOT CONNECT the LG G6)
3. Go to Settings -> System -> Developer options
Scroll down the list until the "USB debugging" is on the top of the list - IMPORTANT - do NOT click anything - u CAN click "revoke USB ..." and approve
tricky part ;)
4. Connect the USB cable (while still in settings). If everything is correct a bar / pop-up (with a DJI go app) will appear and disappear and so on.
5. While these messages will appear try turning off and on "USB DEBUGGING". If u scrolled the list properly, this task will be easy enough. Keep in mind that the pop-ups are going to slowing u down. In my case flipping it four times is enough. And then u have a steady connection. :)
6. Now open DJI GO app manually. Do not set any app as DEFAULT (from pop-up) and when DJI GO app has started. (Only give permission to access the device).

If in your case things look differently try doing a clean install of DJI GO app or read again my post carefully.

Hope it works for u too,
plujesz

Thanks so much! I’ll try it tomorrow! I’ll let you know if it will work for me too ! Best regards

I downloaded dronepeix ar or any compatible dji app start rc start drone usb degguging always on app will blink 4 or 5 times then will be stable tap just once on dji go app solid connection works on android 8.1 oreo wait for apps to stop blinking then tap just once been working with all firmware and app up to date

UPDATE #1
Today I did a field test and video feed was in awful quality, everything was pixelized. While in field I uninstalled the newest version and I downloaded some old apk of DJI GO 4.(4.4.12 I guess). Then the quality of the feed was brilliant. I ran out of batteries, so I couldn't find the latest version that works. Then I tested some versions in home and the newest version probably seems to work after CLEAN INSTALL. (I need to run a field test)

Clean install: (DJI GO 4 is INSTALLED)
1. Go to DJIGOapp setting ( [ hold icon & app info ] OR Settings -> apps -> Dji go 4 )
2. Click FORCE STOP
3. Open Storage tab
4. Click Clear cache
5. Click Clear data
6. Go back
7. Uninstall app
8. Install from Google Play

OK guys. I've finally found a way to make it work. It's not a solution, but method. It works for me, so please check does it work in your case too.

I Precautions
1. Upgrade RC & aircraft with DJI assistant (PC or MAC) to the newest firmware. I have the 01.04.0500
2. DJI GO clean install OR clear defaults (Settings -> Apps -> Dji go 4 -> Open by default -> click on button "Clear defaults")

II The method
1. Start the RC
2. Turn on the mavic (DO NOT CONNECT the LG G6)
3. Go to Settings -> System -> Developer options
Scroll down the list until the "USB debugging" is on the top of the list - IMPORTANT - do NOT click anything - u CAN click "revoke USB ..." and approve
tricky part ;)
4. Connect the USB cable (while still in settings). If everything is correct a bar / pop-up (with a DJI go app) will appear and disappear and so on.
5. While these messages will appear try turning off and on "USB DEBUGGING". If u scrolled the list properly, this task will be easy enough. Keep in mind that the pop-ups are going to slowing u down. In my case flipping it four times is enough. And then u have a steady connection. :)
6. Now open DJI GO app manually. Do not set any app as DEFAULT (from pop-up) and when DJI GO app has started. (Only give permission to access the device).

If in your case things look differently try doing a clean install of DJI GO app or read again my post carefully.

Hope it works for u too,
plujesz

01.04.500 firmware not available in my DJI PC assistant!
01.04.400 is the latest firmware available!
Are you sure that 500 is available for whole world?
Best regards
Stefano

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000