DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LG phones with Mavic Air?

thebigbaddan

Reactions
I'm specifically interested in the LG Stylo 3-- which there is a $99 Boost Mobile version of, which I could use as a dedicated Mavic screen without cellular. It's got good specs and a great screen.

I have an LG K20 now (small, but the screen is crap), and want to either upgrade or get a dedicated screen for the Mavic.

Other models of interest are the LG G5 and G6, which are pretty good phones that I'd upgrade to (but probably not be dedicated). The Stylo 3 is cheap enough it could be a dedicated screen.

I have the LG G6 (which is a really nice phone, except for it's not so good max luminsoity which bother me when flying, coming from Galaxy S7 before) and it works perfectly fine with the Mavic Air ! ;)
You can see it in action here (particularly at 19:06) :
PS : "Ramen" to :
Not in my price range, just spent all my $$ on the drone. Plus... Apple is against my religion. :)
:D

I am using the Boost LG Stylo 3 with no problems. Why people insist on spending the kind of money on a new IPhone every year or so is beyond me.

Reactions: thebigbaddan
My LG G6 drove me absolutely bonkers with my MP, so much so that I sought out a tablet within a few days of buying the MP. The G6 can’t seem to store my preference for the use of USB, the message for me to choose the USB usage kept coming up, even after selecting “Always use”, and it does it in my car as well. Mind you, each time the message comes up, either the RC or the phone is vibrating, which further frustrates.

I want to say that the MP RC kept trying to charge my G6, which sounds great, but the RC is only good for about three flights as it is.

Your experience with the MA could be completely different, but I will be attempting to use the G6 for an FPV test this evening.

My LG G6 drove me absolutely bonkers with my MP, so much so that I sought out a tablet within a few days of buying the MP. The G6 can’t seem to store my preference for the use of USB, the message for me to choose the USB usage kept coming up, even after selecting “Always use”, and it does it in my car as well. Mind you, each time the message comes up, either the RC or the phone is vibrating, which further frustrates.

I want to say that the MP RC kept trying to charge my G6, which sounds great, but the RC is only good for about three flights as it is.

Your experience with the MA could be completely different, but I will be attempting to use the G6 for an FPV test this evening.

I really don't have any issue with the USB message : I chose what to do first time and now no problem, as soon as I plus the phone to the controller the DJI Go App automatically launch (with a vibration) ! :p
You have probably tried it already but maybe you should uninstall completly and then reinstall the App to solve your issue (of course it won't help with the car problem)..? And the phone firmware is up to date ?

For the RC charging the phone, spending its juice too fast it actually also happens to me the first time I test it but I don't have the problem anymore (though I totally don't know why), I've only restarted my phone meanwhile...

Cool... that's exactly what I was thinking of picking up. Do you use it for a phone too or just the mavic? How is the screen in sun light?

I use it for both. Other than having having very little storage space, its a great phone, especially at $99. I cant personally compare it with other phones, but I doubt its no worse than most any other phone in sun light. My friend flies with an iphone, and he is always complaining about not being able to see the screen in the sun.

I am using LG V30. Works perfectly. Minor problem is that the screen frame is really thin (basically the whole front side of the phone is screen), so the remote controller's clamps are covering part of the actual screen, making it difficult to tap on some buttons of the interface.

Reactions: UneBoleeDAir.fr
The luminosity tests do say that, but in reality I can assure you the AMOLED screen of the S7 is more readible in bright sun than the G6 (both at max luminosity, both used just one after the other as screen with controller). ;)
Still I love my G6, but not the greatest for bright sun.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54