DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Life Expectancy - Mavic Pro

facasi

Reactions
Hello,

Using my Mavic Pro since two years ago accumulating the stats attached.

What is the Life Expectancy (Hours) of the DJI Motors on this Drone ?

Thanks20190415_213426.jpeg

Ohhh... That's a good question!

Is there a thread with top hours? like flight distance?

Since August 28, 2018... 458 flights, 626 miles, 93 hours, no crashes. Bearings still good, but I'm on my second set of thumbs! :oops:

I've got about 460 miles on mine so far. Same props, motors as when it came out of the box 2 years ago and everything still seems to be tight. I take pretty good care of mine. Never fly in risky conditions and everything goes in a hardshell case for transport. Probably will fly until the M3P comes out. :)

Or M4

Reactions: PaulRC
apart from the bearings in the motors and the shafts there are no other wear parts to worry about and if they are kept clean and damage free they should last and last,as Thunderdrones said it is all down to how one flies and looks after the mav

You can certainly hear it, if one of the engines does not feel good at some point, it will eventually start to make unusual noises. But I also have my M1P for two years and everything seems to be good. Dust and sand should be avoided as best as possible. So takeoff and landing of dirty surfaces is the main problem. Whenever possible, use a landing pad, a large piece of cardboard or similar and everything will be fine. But also extremely humid climate of long duration could become a big opponent in the fight against wear ...

The big question is "who is flying the drone?" A careful pilot could have hundreds of hours on the drone.

Ask @Robert Granata
Since December 29, 2016 my original Mavic Pro has 6,818 miles and 504 hours in the air. I don't fly it much since I got the M2P, but no problems with the motors. I think it is more likely that other components will fail before the motors. I had Thunderdrones replace a shaky gimbal at about 6,500 miles.

You can certainly hear it, if one of the engines does not feel good at some point, it will eventually start to make unusual noises. But I also have my M1P for two years and everything seems to be good. Dust and sand should be avoided as best as possible. So takeoff and landing of dirty surfaces is the main problem. Whenever possible, use a landing pad, a large piece of cardboard or similar and everything will be fine. But also extremely humid climate of long duration could become a big opponent in the fight against wear ...
If you need to clean out dust I take off the closure plate underneath the motor and use compressed air.

Since December 29, 2016 my original Mavic Pro has 6,818 miles and 504 hours in the air. I don't fly it much since I got the M2P, but no problems with the motors. I think it is more likely that other components will fail before the motors. I had Thunderdrones replace a shaky gimbal at about 6,500 miles.
I hope many follow in your footsteps.

Reactions: CJH92474 and mnis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000