DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Light changes like if ISO was on auto but it wasn't

Bamboo

Reactions
Hello

Is was filming yesterday some amazing footage in the alps. When I looked at it on my computer I saw that the light was changing like if ISO was on automatic. I thought that I was filming in manual but then I was't sure anymore. So I went out today again at the same time and made sure that I am filming in manual. But the same thing happened. Has anyone experienced that with a Mavic 2 Zoom? Is it just because the light outside was getting so fast darker that the Mavic hat to adjust so quickly? Or is it because of the small censor that it cannot film the exact color?

I would like to post the video. how can I do it?

thanks

Hello

Is was filming yesterday some amazing footage in the alps. When I looked at it on my computer I saw that the light was changing like if ISO was on automatic. I thought that I was filming in manual but then I was't sure anymore. So I went out today again at the same time and made sure that I am filming in manual. But the same thing happened. Has anyone experienced that with a Mavic 2 Zoom? Is it just because the light outside was getting so fast darker that the Mavic hat to adjust so quickly? Or is it because of the small censor that it cannot film the exact color?

I would like to post the video. how can I do it?

thanks
If you have your white balance set to "auto" it will adjust mid shot and cause a light or dark strobing effect, this is likely what you're seeing.

The easiest way to show a video here is to upload it you youtube, and then paste a link to it here.

If you have your white balance set to "auto" it will adjust mid shot and cause a light or dark strobing effect, this is likely what you're seeing.

White balance was set to sunny :/ but thanks

Changed the focal length? On the longer end the aperture is smaller.

no, didn't do that aswell. Had to use it wide open for all the light to come in because it was getting dark

White balance does not affect exposure.
It affects colour.
If the white balance is off, the images look too blue or too yellow.

White balance does not affect exposure.
It affects colour.
If the white balance is off, the images look too blue or too yellow.
I wasn't talking about the WB being off, but being set to auto. When it changes during a shot it could be mistaken for an exposure change.

Awesome work pointing that out though, that's very helpful for the topic at hand.:rolleyes:

Doesn't seem like anyone read the OP very well.

If it changed, it was too subtle for me to see.

you can see it best on the hill in front in the middle at around 2 seconds and then again between 3 and 4 seconds

I can see it. It certainly looks like the camera is adjusting for increasing light from the sky, in steps. I would try a test indoors using something like a light bulb that you could turn off and on to see if the camera reacts to light changes when set to manual.
Also, for troubleshooting, in camera settings turn Video Captions on. Captions are not embedded in the file, they are contained in a separate text file. You will only see the captions in a program like VLC or JRiver Media Center, etc.. Video captions will display the ISO, shutter and f-stop so this will give you a definitive answer if your settings are changing.

Reactions: Bamboo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez