DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lights for Mavic 2 Pro

I use 4 Firehouse ARC2s, one on each arm in standard aircraft color configuration. Use them in mounts from our own @Aerial-Pixel. No tempting alternatives have come up for me yet.
Here’s a pic from a friends drone showing brightness of the green one caught flashing in midday Arizona sun..
1579465522419.jpeg

Reactions: Aquaman1414 and NJT
Thanks for the mention @Thomas B
The Arc II is still one of my favorite strobes of all time, the only strobe that can compete with it in regards to brightness is the Firehouse Technology ARC XL, it is even brighter but it is significantly larger too. I just uploaded a video on the mounts we offer for it but also talk a little bit about the strobe itself and why it's so much bigger.

Thanks for the mention @Thomas B
The Arc II is still one of my favorite strobes of all time, the only strobe that can compete with it in regards to brightness is the Firehouse Technology ARC XL, it is even brighter but it is significantly larger too. I just uploaded a video on the mounts we offer for it but also talk a little bit about the strobe itself and why it's so much bigger.
How much do the mounts weigh?

Reactions: Thomas B
Hey Ryan... just ordered four of the ARC XLs from Firehouse and the mounts from you. Will add about 99 gm (3.6 oz) to the M2P including mounts.
Ordered one set for rear arms and front legs as well as another set for just front arms as I’m not sure how well these will mount over my PolarPro landing gear. Excited!
Thanks for the info you posted. Love my ARC2s, but these are awesome... and the find your drone tone at 90 dbi is awesome. (automatically actives when the stove is still for 4 minutes... and really still it seems) here’s a review.

Hey Ryan... just ordered four of the ARC XLs from Firehouse and the mounts from you. Will add about 99 gm (3.6 oz) to the M2P including mounts.
Ordered one set for rear arms and front legs as well as another set for just front arms as I’m not sure how well these will mount over my PolarPro landing gear. Excited!
Thanks for the info you posted. Love my ARC2s, but these are awesome... and the find your drone tone at 90 dbi is awesome. (automatically actives when the stove is still for 4 minutes... and really still it seems) here’s a review.
Got it @Thomas B Thank you! Yes I've found the same thing with the L.A.N.D. system alarm if you barely bump it it will reset the 4 minute timer. If you drone was stuck in a swaying tree it may not ever sound. but if on the ground you'd be fine. With my few tests with the drone just sitting on the ground and work bench it went off just fine.

Reactions: Thomas B
Got it @Thomas B Thank you! Yes I've found the same thing with the L.A.N.D. system alarm if you barely bump it it will reset the 4 minute timer. If you drone was stuck in a swaying tree it may not ever sound. but if on the ground you'd be fine. With my few tests with the drone just sitting on the ground and work bench it went off just fine.
Thanks for the heads up.
And good info too!

I use 4 Firehouse ARC2s, one on each arm in standard aircraft color configuration. Use them in mounts from our own @Aerial-Pixel. No tempting alternatives have come up for me yet.
Here’s a pic from a friends drone showing brightness of the green one caught flashing in midday Arizona sun..
View attachment 91323
Thomas, aren’t you concerned about blocking the antenna contained in the front legs?

Thomas, aren’t you concerned about blocking the antenna contained in the front legs?
We have done extensive testing and haven't noticed any issues with the leg mounted strobe mounts. I have taken the M2P out well over a mile without any issues. Much of the antenna still remains exposed, the antennas are encased in plastic and our mounts are 50% hallow too. I've heard @Thomas B answer this same question in another thread and he said he's flown over 2 miles with them installed.

We have done extensive testing and haven't noticed any issues with the leg mounted strobe mounts. I have taken the M2P out well over a mile without any issues. Much of the antenna still remains exposed, the antennas are encased in plastic and our mounts are 50% hallow too. I've heard @Thomas B answer this same question in another thread and he said he's flown over 2 miles with them installed.
Thanks for the information. 2 miles is not the maximum range and also, there are many variables that affect range. I am still curious if it affects the signal strength. Have you done any testing with an RF signal strength meter?

Thanks for the information. 2 miles is not the maximum range and also, there are many variables that affect range. I am still curious if it affects the signal strength. Have you done any testing with an RF signal strength meter?
No, but if you are that concerned about it we offer front mounts that attach to the arms instead, probably 65% of my customers order those. I've never flow past the 2 mile mark guess I'm chicken, the M2P is getting beyond VLOS other than a flicker in the distance and is getting harder to judge orientation too. Yes the strobes are visible to 3SM but doesn't mean it's a good idea to fly that distance at night IMHO.

Reactions: Camino Ken
Thanks. I am still debating with myself on the pros and cons of adding attachments. I rarely fly beyond a few hundred feet.

View attachment 91323
How did you mount those 3D printed led holders on with the Polar Pro landing legs attached?

How did you mount those 3D printed led holders on with the Polar Pro landing legs attached?
They fit right over them due to elasticity of the Aerial Pixel mounts.
Of note: I just ordered the new ARC XLs from Firehouse Technology.... the same colors for same configuration or own @Aerial-Pixel also makes mounts for them. If you haven’t purchased yet, take a look. They use a new tech and are the runaway brightest available now and have a self contained finder feature called L.A.N.D. Which starts a 90dB tone after the drone is still for 4 min, like crash etc...

re: M2Z or M2P and ARC XL lights

Do the arm mounts fit in any position or only specific positions. In other words can they be mounted facing forward or backward or even underneath the arms (to be seen from below)? Or have you designed them for what you believe is the best positioning? Thanks.

Do the arm mounts fit in any position or only specific positions. In other words can they be mounted facing forward or backward or even underneath the arms (to be seen from below)? Or have you designed them for what you believe is the best positioning? Thanks.
You won’t need them pointing downward to see them miles away. The arm mounts can be installed pointing forward or back. The leg mounts really should be used for forward facing the strobes due to angulation of the front LG and their asymmetry of shape... the leg mounts are flexible enough to point them backwards, but I wouldn’t.

Reactions: ff22

The arm mounts are designed to mount to the outer portion of the arms (closer to the motors, not the body) because the arms taper this is the best fit. The mounts can be attached forward or rear facing. But they must go on the designated arms, you can't put the rear mounts on the front or vice-versa because the arms are different sizes. We have special mounts for the ARC II that clip to the arms and can face up or down, we don't have one like that for the ARC XL yet. But because of the spread of the LED's is almost 180 degrees a specific top or bottom facing mount isn't really that necessary.

Reactions: ff22 and Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61