DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Link to Phone Number while Landing

Amarand

Reactions
As I was in the middle of landing, I got the following pop-up error.

After landing, I decided it's okay to link my phone number to my account/aircraft.

So after pulling up the Link button, it's asking me for my Mainland China phone number. I'm in the United States.

What's going on? I've never seen this before.

Do I need to link my U.S. number to my U.S. DJI account? I'm okay with that, but couldn't figure out if that was necessary.

During the flight, I had rock-solid GPS, and it should know I'm in the U.S.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0345.png
    IMG_0345.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 201
Reactions: nd4wmike
I just updated my Mavic 2 Pro and had this same thing , never seen this popup on my Air , Pro or 2 Pro before ?
If you can't satisfy the popup , you can't bypass and fly .
No cancel or ignore ,
Hope we get a resolution .

Thanks
Mike

Just had the same issue with my Mavic Air. Just bought it yesterday, flew a few times today with no issue. Now that link my phone pops up. Keeps asking for a China mainland number. Tried a few things with no luck.

Bottom line... DJI doesn’t care. There’s absolutely no excuse for a nasty bug like this to be introduced. Their QA is pathetic. Fortunately, I had VR Pro on my iPad Mini 4 to get me over the hump for my roofing gig this morning.

Hallelujah, they fixed it. New data base download solved it. They must’ve removed Mainland China from the list. Works fine now.

Reactions: spud1969
This process only needed if you're flying in China as the Chinese regulation requests all drone pilots to register; hence the phone number and DJI account stuff. I reckon it's a software glitch mistakenly thought you were flying in China! Lol. Maybe try again to see if the issue persists.

That happened to me as well when I tried to fly my Drone near an Airport! My Drone wouldn’t take off but DJI sent a Code which unlocked my Drone but it limited the Attitude to only 164 feet and that is where it went-164 feet only!!

That happened to me as well when I tried to fly my Drone near an Airport! My Drone wouldn’t take off but DJI sent a Code which unlocked my Drone but it limited the Attitude to only 164 feet and that is where it went-164 feet only!!

Thats not the same thing. The code you received was an authorization code from a LAANC request done through your DJI app.

Thats not the same thing. The code you received was an authorization code from a LAANC request done through your DJI app.

Not quite: the DJI app doesn't interface with LAANC yet. That SMS was a code to just unlock the authorization zone for DJI's FlySafe system. You still need to seperately use a separate LAANC app like AirMap or Kittyhawk to get an authorization to legally fly in controlled airspace.

Reactions: irpnetgb
Not quite: the DJI app doesn't interface with LAANC yet. That SMS was a code to just unlock the authorization zone for DJI's FlySafe system. You still need to seperately use a separate LAANC app like AirMap or Kittyhawk to get an authorization to legally fly in controlled airspace.
Thanks for that! Almost what I said and definitely what I meant!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada