DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi altitude reference

JetexJim

Reactions
How does Litchi manage waypoint altitude when the terrain is not flat?

I'd like to set up a waypoint sequence to film an object on the top of a hill. I'd like to set the POI based on terrain height and the height of the object. Similarly I want to make sure I clear all the trees.

I'm not sure where I'll launch from but I notice that waypoints are altitude above ground.
I'm guessing that waypoints will be measured height above take off point.

Can I choose an absolute, (height above sea level) altitude for waypoint and point of interest?

Okay, I found the answer on here already.
And this handy video shows how to set waypoints above undulating terrain.

But the altitude set is relative to the launch point (I've read). If so that could leave you embarrassed if you launch from a point significantly lower than the terrain where the waypoints are set.

Similarly, if you choose an altitude for the POI it too will be incorrect if you launch from a point significantly higher or lower than the terrain where the POI stands.

Hmmm. Or is there a better way.

And there is, now I've found this
Which gives the option of creating terrain height waypoints without using google earth just using Litchi at the flying site.

I've answered my own question, I could delete the thread but maybe it will be useful for someone else.

Good write up, I wonder why Litchi doesn't add these features, RTEarth for instance, right into mission hub.
Save a step, but still, much easier than going into Google earth, eh

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_