DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi map help.

TexasRancher

Reactions
Hi guys,

So..I just noticed, or believe I did so please correct me if I am wrong, that Litchi does not have their own forums....ssooo..

I have guys at work that are GIS... they wanted to try some of their new software that is similar to dronedeploy etc so.. figured I would make a litchi map and fly all around the house.

Now, I could do it all manually.. I know, but, I wanted to be all "fancy" right?;).....wwwrooong.. lol

I set up a pattern to circle my house. I then set it up to do the same circle 3 times, and take like 30 pictures each loop. I paused at each waypoint, focused on each FOI.. and... all I got, literally, were pictures of some really nice.. um.. horizons.. lol

So, let's assume I have a house, 2-story, and I want to circle it and just take a ton of photos.

1 - Do I paused like 10 seconds each time and then take a photo?

2 - Do I interpolate, or focus on the FoI? I assume not interpolate..

Any good suggestions?

I was going to also do a manual loop, after those three, and take pictures of things I did not think I would get as nicely, like some straight down shots etc.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Oh, they were going to render that into a 3-d model.

OH.. last Q.. how far out would you fly? I am not sure if the software knows if I am the same distance in every photo.

Russ

btw - here is a link to the one I made...the left side does not show it, but there is a barn there now.. lol. hence why it looks far away from the house :p

Mission Hub - Litchi

For something like that I would just use Drone Deploy. It's free to take photos and will space and overlap them accordingly. Just do what you want with the photos afterwards. Litchi is not really set up to take photos like you are trying to. Although you could probably get it to work, you are spending time on it that you don't have to, when Drone Deploy can do it in about 5 minutes.

I do not think DD will circle a house looking inward, will it? I mean, I have used DD a few times, and all I see it does is look down on a grid, vs looking inwards at a focal point, I could be wrong though.

R

I do not think DD will circle a house looking inward, will it? I mean, I have used DD a few times, and all I see it does is look down on a grid, vs looking inwards at a focal point, I could be wrong though.

R
It will take oblique photos if you turn on 3d mode in the settings.
capture_001_03022018_161606.jpg

Personally I do like the abilities of Drone Harmony as mentioned but have trouble figuring it out.

Practice make perfect mate!! There are some good tutorials on YT.

For something like that I would just use Drone Deploy. It's free to take photos and will space and overlap them accordingly. Just do what you want with the photos afterwards. Litchi is not really set up to take photos like you are trying to. Although you could probably get it to work, you are spending time on it that you don't have to, when Drone Deploy can do it in about 5 minutes.
You say that DroneDeploy is free to take photos. I need more information on that. After my free trial (only taking photos) is over, DD wants me to sign up for $1,188 for the year. I only need DD to plan missions, and take photos, for the Civil Air Patrol. We use Metashape for photo processing. Please tell me how to get DroneDeploy for the sole purpose of taking photos. Thank you.

Ron Caballero, 1st Lieutenant, CAP

RE: Drone deploy... Will you please be so kind as to share with me how you Drone Deploy "free to take photos." I installed, on my Android phone, what I believed was the free version. Instead, I get a message that I am in a "trial" period. Please guide me if you can take a moment or so. I will be forever grateful.
[email protected]

Why not use the POI in GO4?
I believe the POI in GO 4 will look in. Have not tried yet. From what I have read and the videos I have seen, it appears to me that it will only take a video. I have written to DJI to inquire if it will take photos as well. One response has been received telling me that my request has been referred up to their top technicians. I'll post here when I get a reply.

You might have a look at information on Litchi. It is a planning software (s/w) that if I recall correctly has the ability to take photos as prescribed by you that you setup in the s/w. It has been a while since I've used this but much info must be avail on YT vids and in these forums. One time payment, on sale as low as $25usd but I'm guessing now..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDew