DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi missions

FGHTFIRE05

Reactions
Once again new to my Mavic platinum pro, I keep reading about litchi missions can someone elaborate more about this? I’m not great with the fancy things everyone is doing with drones just enjoy flying and seeing from a different prospective and taking good photos of things I can’t see from the ground, anyways all info is always appreciated thanks.

Litchi can be as much as you want it to be. I like it because it allows me to focus on the view instead of having to fly the drone. It can be as autonomous as you pressing the play button, and the drone will take off, fly a preset course for as long as a battery lasts, and come back down, land itself and turn off the motors.

Once again new to my Mavic platinum pro, I keep reading about litchi missions can someone elaborate more about this? I’m not great with the fancy things everyone is doing with drones just enjoy flying and seeing from a different prospective and taking good photos of things I can’t see from the ground, anyways all info is always appreciated thanks.

Others will offer you more details but its one of the best programs used to Automate your flights using maps and way points to fly your drone, Litchi is a leader in that field and knowing how to use that app makes you a better pilot for when you have a designated mission.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the storm

So basically I take it’s a app for Mac and iPhone to preset flight paths? So basically if I wanted to fly a certain area I could preset said direction/distance and sit back and focus on video/photo opportunities? And do you not use go4 app while flying?

So basically I take it’s a app for Mac and iPhone to preset flight paths? So basically if I wanted to fly a certain area I could preset said direction/distance and sit back and focus on video/photo opportunities? And do you not use go4 app while flying?

Check out this thread. We use it for drone search and rescue. You can use it on Android or IOS. You actually have to force stop DJI Go 4 before you start Litchi. They dont get along well together.

I'm also looking at Lichi for increased automation and better intelligent flight modes, but i have 2 questions:
  1. I see lots of white fonts rather than the terrible blue font DJI GO uses. Am i right in thinking that Litchi is easier to read in sunlight?
  2. I dont see a lot of camera info in Litchi. Does it work well for dedicated photography missions such as real estate, giving good feedback on exposure, shutter, histogram, etc?

I'm also looking at Lichi for increased automation and better intelligent flight modes, but i have 2 questions:
  1. I see lots of white fonts rather than the terrible blue font DJI GO uses. Am i right in thinking that Litchi is easier to read in sunlight?
  2. I dont see a lot of camera info in Litchi. Does it work well for dedicated photography missions such as real estate, giving good feedback on exposure, shutter, histogram, etc?

I think that if you have a Crystalsky or iPad with a shade, you should be able to see the screen pretty well. Any device in direct sunlight is going to struggle.

It works as well or better than Go 4 for any waypoint mission. It has interpolation, allow you to set the direction of the lens towards points of interest, and allows you to change the speed of the mission from waypoint o waypoint. Of course, any device is only as smart as the person programming it.

Litchi has been one of my favorite drone accessorie for 3 years running. $29 price tag for a lifetime subscription, and they always keep up with FW changes in DJI Go and the drone.

I think that if you have a Crystalsky or iPad with a shade, you should be able to see the screen pretty well. Any device in direct sunlight is going to struggle.

It works as well or better than Go 4 for any waypoint mission. It has interpolation, allow you to set the direction of the lens towards points of interest, and allows you to change the speed of the mission from waypoint o waypoint. Of course, any device is only as smart as the person programming it.

Litchi has been one of my favorite drone accessorie for 3 years running. $29 price tag for a lifetime subscription, and they always keep up with FW changes in DJI Go and the drone.

It certainly looks way better for stuff like waypoints. Not sure I'd want to lose the histogram though; does Litchi not have one?

Reactions: Former Member
Another thing is that if one looses connection to the Mavic when flying a Lichti Mission no worries the Mission just continues. I created a mission that flys from my home over to the local Coffee Kiosk that I like to frequent so that I could see how many cars were in line and if it was a good time to get my drink. First time I flew it the Mavic lost connection and I became concerned. 5 Minutes later the Mavic flew back to the last Waypoint that was directly overhead. So nice to hear those props spinning above.

Great app and waypoint programming. You can even do it on a computer using Mission Hub - Litchi - sign up for free and try your hand at it.

With the VLM Chrome Extension (see the dedicated thread) you can even fly your missions to see what they will look like.

Hey thanks for all the info I’ll check it out sometime and see if it’s for me. Thanks again everyone on this forum has been real helpful with helping learn all the drone stuff. Thanks again.

I downloaded the Litchi app a few months ago. Was afraid to try it. Started using it this week. I have since programmed different 15 routes. Started programming the routes on my phone but switched to my computer for better visibility. For me the hardest thing is elevation. I fly by an open, rolling hills, coastal area. At first I eyeballed the elevation to input the flying height (height above takeoff elevation). Then I switched to using a topo map to get the desired height. On the first time I fly a mission, I keep my thumb on the sport mode button staying ready to abort the mission, hover in place and take control of the flight in an instant. Very easy app to use!

Thats a good plan. If Im in unfamiliar terrain, I plan the mission first on MH, then when I get to the location, things seems to always change and require fine tuning. Water thats there that wasnt there before, fallen trees, excess growth etc. I think Google Earth data can be up to 2 years old, so things change and you need to be adaptable.

Sounds good ima download the app and see how it goes I’ll give mostly anything a try once ?. How do you sinc drone and app? I’m not too good with computers I paint cars and fight fire for a living

The app syncs automatically with the pc/hub and the app sends the mission to the drone.

I am considering going to Litchi...
Does Litchi work with older firmware? My MP is still at 01.04.0000 and not sure that I want to mess with that...

I was reading the Litchi installation/startup instructions, and it does say to make sure that the bird has the latest firmware...

So can I assume this is just a suggestion, and not a requirement?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman