DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi or DJI go?

I think it's worth it. Running your mission in Google Earth before the bird takes flight is cool, you can make your adjustments so your flight is perfect.

How do you do that mate? What kinda things can you do on it? I’m new to all this, Many thanks

Reactions: globeguy1 and Rnl
That tells all, trust me you'll like it.

It is also nice to have Litchi available if Go 4 is having problems.

Is it easy to use waypoints?
Very easy, once you understand all the parameters. It is especially useful for repeating missions. Just be mindful of elevations and obstacles. When a mission has it flying sideways to capture an image the sensors may not detect an obstacle and fly right into it. People also get a false sense of security because Litchi will continue a mission if contact is lost. What happens is winds aloft may be stronger than planned for and it will deplete the battery before regaining contact. Then it is lost with few clues where to find it.

Reactions: mereflyer
The answer is most simple.

Get both! Litchi is awesome and vlm is beyond imagination making the experience a must. Dji is free. Happy flying!

Don't think of it as one or the other.
They each have their good points.
DJI Go is better for general flight and photography and Litchi excels for waypoint flying.
Meta4, can you install and run both, Litchi for waypoints, DJIGO4 for general flying? Would that split up your captures and flight record into two parts?

Meta4, can you install and run both, Litchi for waypoints, DJIGO4 for general flying? Would that split up your captures and flight record into two parts?
You can install both but you cannot use them together.
The controller can only have one connection to an app.

Reactions: John235
It is also nice to have Litchi available if Go 4 is having problems.
if Go 4 is having problems?
I don't think I've ever heard of a situation where Go 4 is having problems.
If Go 4 isn't running properly, the problems are going to be with the phone/tablet being used.

I figured that to be the case, but I could see how using Litchi to prepare Andrey waypoint missions, while using GO4 for everything else could be useful. I think general flying is where I most want an intuitive interface, so I would use whichever of those fits me best, and Litchi where I want to fly a programmed route. Wonder if there would be much operator confusion in switching between them. Won't hurt to try it out and see.

...I don't think I've ever heard of a situation where Go 4 is having problems....
A Go 4 update hosed my video but Litchi worked fine. I had to downgrade Go 4 to make it work again.

Which is better litchi or DJI go? Is it worth paying for litchi?

I was drawn to Litchi by two aspects. One is the ability to plan waypoint missions offline. DJI's recently introduced Waypoints 2.0 is a poor substitute for two reasons: Android users have to have the AC and RC turned on during planning and planning must be done on the tiny screen of the smartphone. The other reason for studying Litchi is its support for "poor man's goggles", or dumb headsets which hold the smartphone in front of the user's eyes. Making adjustments during flight requires removing the headset, and possibly the phone from the headset. But it is doable by customizing the programmable buttons: exposure up/down, gimbal down/center, etc. I confess that I ended up investing in Goggles RE, however.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman