DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi restricts flight to 40 metres yesterday

coullit

Reactions
Went out into the countryside yesterday, here in sunny Spain, found a good quiet spot setup the mavic, took off and it goes really slow and just flies to 40m warning comes up on transmitter saying "max radius 40m"
I go into all setting check whats wrong even open up goapp4 see if I can see whats going on....no luck couldn't see much as sun so bright and use VR goggles normally.
So I got home deleted gooapp and had another flight still no good.
What I suspected today I did a complete install of goapp4 and there was another big firmware update, gets to 99% as normal and froze left it for 30 mins more, but still on 99%.
Restarted all devices and seems fine said firmware uptodated.
We are being controlled....
Deleted go app and use Litchi and all seems fine.
remember to put bird in sport mode in goapp4 first as you can't do this in Litchi.
Sport mode is faster and so is decent.

Last edited:
Update Litchi as well to:

Version 1.17.0
- with the latest DJI firmware for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0800 or higher), Phantom 4 Pro (v01.04.0602 or higher), Phantom 4 Advanced (v01.00.0128 or higher), Inspire 2 (v01.01.0010 or higher), Phantom 3 Standard (v1.9.20 or higher), Phantom 3 4K (v1.6.50 or higher), users in China are required to activate Litchi by logging into their DJI account at least once every three months, this can now be done within Litchi. Outside of China, Litchi will automatically activate the application without requiring the user to log in within Litchi or DJI Go

This was quite embarrassing last night. A whole gang of my friends were watching and I kept getting "Max radius" on the controller.

I eventually lucked out and used the DJI app by chance to see if that helped. But by then, everyone was losing interest.

Major f-up by litchi and DJI in my opinion.

Right well I had a flight at dusk yesterday with Litchi and max radius was doing it again...pain.
Go app must leave something within program to do this...
So I installed Goapp4 again after doing all updates the day before, signed in again and flew with goapp4 with no limits or problems. Although I prefer to fly with litchi with VR.
My guess is now you have to have the goapp4 installed otherwise you'll just get this 40m radius limit.
But Litchi sais not to have goapp4 and to delete this.
Its a bit of problem now this!
Will try Litchi today but before it wouldn't connect with goapp in phone. And if I delete goapp get these limits.
Can see no new update for Litchi just checked am using Android

same problem here. But yesterday there was a litchi update maybe they've solved this.
I will check it out asap.

Im trying this week a Xioami Mi drone 4k, very good for a third of the cost of Mavic, less complicated software getting a bit tired of all DJI firmware problems, huge long updates and complications , time wasted when I get to fly and can't . So at least I can fly one the Mavic or the Xioami
Sometimes simple is better

I wish it was that simple for me. I could live with that until the update. But when I start the Go 4 app first and let it connect, then launch Litchi, Litchi fails to connect. I then start several variations of opening and closing the two apps, some force stops, relaunches, etc, before some magic combination seems to finally work. This is on the Android platform. I'm guessing the USB connection is getting tied up by the Go app and preventing Litchi from connecting.

Does anyone have a tried and true sequence of steps that work? If so could you please share? Remote control on? Copter on? Start one before the other? Neither? Etc.

Thanks in advance - my batteries and I greatly appreciated the help.

Last edited:
Just disconnect and reconnect USB after disabling limits with GO4 and your phone should again ask what app to use.

This was quite embarrassing last night. A whole gang of my friends were watching and I kept getting "Max radius" on the controller.

I eventually lucked out and used the DJI app by chance to see if that helped. But by then, everyone was losing interest.

Major f-up by litchi and DJI in my opinion.
There have been multiple warnings in the app in the past weeks before this new behavior was added, and it was mentioned in the update notes.

I just starting using the app on July 3rd. But the good news is that the Litchi update for Android that came out yesterday (version 4.0.0) fixed the problem for me. I no longer need to log in to the DJI Go4 app at all and Litchi had no issues with flight restrictions today. Hallelujah!

There have been multiple warnings in the app in the past weeks before this new behavior was added, and it was mentioned in the update notes.

The warnings were if I agree to the requirement that I log into the DJI app. Which most of us have done since day one. The intricacies of opening the DJI app, then the Litchi app, then (maybe?) closing the DJI app are not covered in the DJI notice for sure.

Either way, the Litchi app update appears to solve this issue on my end, yay!

The requirements were about having to connect an app that's capable of authenticating or have limited height/distance, and until the 3rd party apps got updated that meant GO4 only. Now the updates are rolling in and all is well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78