DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi waypoints stops at 500-m relative to takeoff point

Deepwater

Reactions
I need help from the Litchi community

I am flying a route with 95 waypoints starting at an elevation of appr. 265-m above sea level at Waypoint no. 1 (takeoff location). See attached link. Waypoint no. 95 is at appr. 778-m above sea level. I programed the flight at 251-m above ground level all the way from waypoint 1 to waypoint no. 95.

You will notice that everything appears OK until waypoint no. 65 where the waypoint's icon will shows 2 altitudes, the altitude above ground of 251-m (yellow) and the calculated altitude of 500-m (white) relative to the take off point. Subsequent altitudes (white) relative to the take off point keep showing 500-m although elevation keeps increasing as we move through the waypoints to waypoint no. 95.

Please review and let me know what I need to change and why the altitude relative to takeoff point stops at 500-m. I am concerned that I may fly into ground or a tree as I keep flying the route to the last waypoint as the elevation increases to 778-m above sea level.

Thanks for your ideas and recommendations as always.

I believe the 500M (1620Ft) is hard coded into the DJI firmware. Someone else may need to confirm it but Litchi does not override the hard coded items.

Reactions: dawgpilot and slup
... And those 500m is always relative to the HP, the only way to go around this is to land to reset the HP & height, then take off again & continue. But during this maneuver you most probably will lose RC-AC connection due to going out of line of sight with following failsafe RTH.

Thanks a lot. Great clarifications. I will divide the flight in two and get proper overlap as a go around.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25