DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi waypoints

Wayleebird

Reactions
This may have been asked before, if it has sorry i did have a quick search and could not see anything.

Using litchi way points on the phantom to regain control you just flick the switch to position F

Using litchi waypoints on the Mavic whats the best way to regain control control? is it the pause button??:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've heard it is to switch/toggle the "Sport" button on the right hand of controller to regain control. Others can confirm (or not!)

Reactions: Wayleebird
What GreenBhoy said. I was mentioning in another thread just a couple days ago how important it is to remember. A few days ago at the end of a mission, the MP made a beeline for a nearby stand of trees and fortunately I hit Sport mode quick enough that it stopped and was able to back it away. The reason? I love Litchi, but one thing you have to careful about is adding rogue waypoints by accident in the Mission Hub app. I'd inadvertently added a new waypoint the previous time I'd updated the route.

Thank you all for your response I have to say I love litchi I prefer flying the Waypoint missions than flying the Mavic manually

I have used Litchi for two missions so far and I must say I like it. Both missions were under 3000ft in length about 2 to 3 minute duration. I lost signal during the second which made me nervous for a sec...until I hit the RTH button and heard, "mission cancelled" and saw the Mav coming back. Not sure why it lost signal, but it came back pretty quickly but I had already hit the RTH.

So far I am liking Litchi and I am looking forward to taken the Mav further..I haven't tried doing waypoints in the DJI GO App yet.

I have used Litchi for two missions so far and I must say I like it. Both missions were under 3000ft in length about 2 to 3 minute duration. I lost signal during the second which made me nervous for a sec...until I hit the RTH button and heard, "mission cancelled" and saw the Mav coming back. Not sure why it lost signal, but it came back pretty quickly but I had already hit the RTH.

So far I am liking Litchi and I am looking forward to taken the Mav further..I haven't tried doing waypoints in the DJI GO App yet.
I must have run about 10 litchi Waypoint missions todate every time the drone loses connection from the RC for me it's more exciting check this one out I got so close to some trees how I didn't lose the Mavic I don't know

Reactions: bobbyd
WOW!
I must have run about 10 litchi Waypoint missions todate every time the drone loses connection from the RC for me it's more exciting check this one out I got so close to some trees how I didn't lose the Mavic I don't know
[/QUOTE

Amazing video, absolutely beautiful country side! You're a brave soul, lol. That was close, but I am definitely more excited now to push the limits a little more on the Mav. I am hoping to get some nice video on my trip to Washington state next month. I wish they had made the Mav with obstacle avoidance all the way around.

Amazing video, absolutely beautiful country side! You're a brave soul, lol. That was close, but I am definitely more excited now to push the limits a little more on the Mav. I am hoping to get some nice video on my trip to Washington state next month. I wish they had made the Mav with obstacle avoidance all the way around.

The Mavic will continue the waypoint mission even if it loses signal . You just need to be careful in the mission planner to be sure it is clear of all obstacles . The only thing is the gimbal will stay at the last position it was in when it lost signal . I always place a couple waypoints at the area I feel that it may lose signal and make sure the gimbal is pointing down at a good angle so if it does lose signal it at least is looking toward the subjects of the final waypoints . If it stays in range of signal then it will still revert back to the final waypoint settings .

Reactions: kemmi387
The Mavic will continue the waypoint mission even if it loses signal . You just need to be careful in the mission planner to be sure it is clear of all obstacles . The only thing is the gimbal will stay at the last position it was in when it lost signal . I always place a couple waypoints at the area I feel that it may lose signal and make sure the gimbal is pointing down at a good angle so if it does lose signal it at least is looking toward the subjects of the final waypoints . If it stays in range of signal then it will still revert back to the final waypoint settings .
OK, that is good to know. When I lost signal all I could think about was "I hope my 1K dollars comes back!" I am going to push it a little further today.

Been using Litchi for some time now and it's great. I don't know why you only seem to be able to plan way point missions using the browser based mission hub, I'd like to be able to pre plan some Orbit missions while at my PC and my phone is charging (or dead). Unless I'm missing something :/ Mission Hub needs all the same features as the app but like I said all it seems to have is way points and it just seems odd that all the features aren't in the browser based version

Time to repost my favorite Litchi youtube video. 10 minutes long, but worth every minute watching. Enjoy!

Been using Litchi for some time now and it's great. I don't know why you only seem to be able to plan way point missions using the browser based mission hub, I'd like to be able to pre plan some Orbit missions while at my PC and my phone is charging (or dead). Unless I'm missing something :/ Mission Hub needs all the same features as the app but like I said all it seems to have is way points and it just seems odd that all the features aren't in the browser based version
I understand where you're coming from. However, Mission Hub was never intended as a full-featured substitute for the app. It is narrowly tailored to Waypoint Missions, which are really the only thing that really needs off-site pre-planning.

Orbits are not missions. It's a different real-time flight feature of the app.

Reactions: Ty_Emery1
Any movie makers out there use Litchi to pre-map cinematic type sequences to make the recording smoother? Just wondering if this would be a great tool to get those shots perfect, deliberate, and professional looking.

Any movie makers out there use Litchi to pre-map cinematic type sequences to make the recording smoother?.

I think that's core to why a lot of people buy the app. Personally I think the design of the gimbal wheel on the Mavic and Phantom shows a real lack of understanding and appreciation for human factors. Firstly, flipping it so it aligns on a vertical axis would make it more intuitive and secondly, making it bigger to offer more control would be 2 major improvements. So Litchi helps overcome that. The Mavic is without question a marvel, combining an impressive array of technologies, but gimbal operation could really be improved.

Reactions: MadRav3n
Time to repost my favorite Litchi youtube video. 10 minutes long, but worth every minute watching. Enjoy!

Just watched this...most of the time with my hand over my eyes, peeking through as it went from one seemingly certain and imminent disaster to the next.

I reached out to the makers of Litchi a while back. Given that they have the ASL altitude data of any given spot on a map, I've wondered why they don't offer some kind of red flag to advise when a waypoint is programmed to <0m above the ground (another possibility is to default any new WP to say, 5m AGL), understanding that obviously it's the users' responsibility to check everything. They said it was something they've been considering for a future update. Seems to me such a feature would have prevented the loss of as many drones as heart attacks.

Reactions: MadRav3n

Saw that a while ago, gut wrenching to say the least, what the what a drone! To say the most.[emoji3]

I think that's core to why a lot of people buy the app. Personally I think the design of the gimbal wheel on the Mavic and Phantom shows a real lack of understanding and appreciation for human factors. Firstly, flipping it so it aligns on a vertical axis would make it more intuitive and secondly, making it bigger to offer more control would be 2 major improvements. So Litchi helps overcome that. The Mavic is without question a marvel, combining an impressive array of technologies, but gimbal operation could really be improved.
Thanks for the reply! I will give it a try.

I agree with you that the gimbal wheel implementation is horrid, but I disagree with your proposed solution. I think a vertical orientation would be even worse, as it is less compatible with the natural orientation of fingers while holding the remote.

Rather, in my opinion (which is all that it is :D) is a very simple change that could likely be implemented in firmware would improve the situation immensely: allow the gimbal to be assigned to the right wheel on the RC, with the behavior changing to following the position of the dial, rather than the dial position controlling a rate of movement.

Then, you can control the position of the gimbal very precisely and intuitively. You can control how fast it moves, up to it's max tilt rate, by how fast you spin the dial.

GAWD I could control it so much better with this type of physical interface. And it's probably something DJI could make possible simply in a firmware update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3